Thank you to the Wilderness Resort for sponsoring this post. All opinions are that of All She Cooks.
The Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells is a ton of fun!
Wisconsin Dells is known for water parks and summer fun. The Wilderness Resort is at the epicenter of both, and is a must-visit location for anyone who is looking for a place to kick back and relax during any season of the year (hello-indoor water parks!).
We recently stayed at the Wilderness Resort for two nights, and it was a fun and relaxing stay. Relaxing for me—because, while I was accompanied by 4 girls quickly approaching 13, the Wilderness is a place where kids that age can run and play. With the indoor attractions, numerous water parks—not to mention shops, snack bars and restaurants—there is more than enough to keep the entire group busy.
So, while I worked on my laptop in the room for a bit—sipping a glass of wine, because, hello! Vacation—the girls enjoyed the amenities of the resort on their own, sans water slides, laughter and a ton of fun.
We actually got to the resort pretty late on the first night, so we ordered pizza and enjoyed dinner in the room. Then the girls went exploring, goofed around a LOT, and then did the whole sleepover thing… stayed up forever chatting. Because that’s what girls do when they get together, right?
And the view from our room. This fun water slide.
Since our room had a small bar/kitchen area, we brought breakfast and lunch food with us. It’s always nice to have that option when you’re going somewhere on a trip, because let’s face it, there are always other things you will want to spend your money on.
Like a nice new sweatshirt or swimsuit at the gift shop, a tall fruity drink at the swim up bar (or a smoothie for the kids!), or maybe you want to take the family to the buffet for dinner.
If you want a little escape–a short vacation away from the norm–the Wilderness Resort is a great place to rest and relax.
Must See Attractions
- Hurricane in Klondike Kavern- which is super awesome because it starts out with strobe lights, has a big drop and then you are in the funnel going back and forth up the sides. It’s a short fun ride that will have you going straight back to the line for more.
- Thrill Water Slides- because they are so much fun you just want to go and do them all over again.
- Ball Pit- need we say more? It’s just fun!!
- Wilderwoods Indoor Go-Kart Trail – because who doesn’t want to race around the track?
Places to Eat (at the Wilderness)
- Wooly’s Eatery – subs, smoothies, and other healthy options
- Wild Canyon Cafe – buffet anyone?
- Klondike Pizza Kitchen – always a favorite
- Yukon Yogurt – with 15 flavors to choose from
- The Thirsty Buffalo Saloon – for the sports bar lovers
- Survivors Bar & Grill – American cuisine’s never been better
- Canyon Ridge Tap Room
- Whispering Pines at Wild Rock Clubhouse
I have to admit, when it was time for us to take our leave of the Wilderness, it was pretty difficult to get the kids all together and out the door. I mean, when there are so many inviting attractions–thrill water slides calling their names inviting them to take just one more ride–well, anyone would be inclined to take part in that fun.
And bumper boats.
You can never be too old for bumper boat fun. Luckily for us, this is one of the attractions included on the Wild Fun Pass, which is a great way to save on attractions at the Wilderness.
The Wild Fun Pass also includes: the Indoor Go-Kart, Two-Story Lazer Tag Arena and Lazer Maze, Indoor Ropes Course, Wild Abyss 3-D Mini-Golf, Wild Buccaneer 3-D Mini Golf and $1 off a Pistol Pete’s Ice Cream Temptation. Fun for the whole family!
We were really pleased with our stay at the Wilderness Resort and will definitely be going back. Most likely, next time it will be in the winter, because we’re going to need an escape from the bitter cold and snow that is inevitably coming our way!
What’s your favorite thing to enjoy at the Wilderness Resort?
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Instant Pot Eggplant Caponata Appetizer - 2018/04/19
- Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Donuts – A Perfect Breakfast Treat - 2018/04/18
- Easy Raspberry Tarts - 2018/04/17