This post has been sponsored by Virginia Beach.
Why Virginia Beach is a Foodie Destination
Virginia Beach, with a culinary scene that has been gently seasoned by salt air and seafood, is a culinary culture quite unlike any other you’ve experienced before.
Resting on the southern tip of the Chesapeake Bay is this intricate coastal community that boasts seafood-centric culinary skill, and a wide and tasty array of locally harvested ingredients ranging from seafood to farm-fresh greens.
Virginia Beach is the place to go for the ultimate fresh food experience.
If you’re wondering how delectable the food of Virginia Beach is, we decided to share a couple examples with you.
How to Make Commune’s Savory Porridge Bowl
Once you take a look at Commune‘s Savory Porridge Bowl, we’re pretty sure you’re going to want to try to make this up at home. Unless you just happen to have all these tasty ingredients on hand, it might be easier to trek on over and get a table at one of the many restaurants Virginia Beach has to offer. It’s also a good excuse for a trip to Virginia Beach.
Watch this video and see what we’re talking about. Mind blowing.
If there was ever any doubt about the range of food and flavors that Virginia Beach has to offer–or if you’ve just always been a fan of the Bloody Mary–you’re going to want to check out the video below showing just how to make an insane version of this famous drink done up in true Chesapeake style.
How to Make the Best Bloody Mary – Bay Local Eatery’s Bloody Blue
It’s unanimous, Bay Local Eatery‘s Bloody Mary rocks. We want two, please.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Virginia Beach
- The beaches. Whether you’re staying in the resort area, further south along Sandbridge Beach, or First Landing State Park, you’ll find and experience a beach lifestyle that is right up your alley.
- The food. Think seafood, think inventive, think delightful. Want to captivate the tastes of Virginia Beach all on your own? Try your hand at crabbing and cooking up some blue crabs!
- The drinks. If Bay Local Eatery’s Bloody Blue is any indication, trekking around Virginia Beach in search of the best cocktail won’t be a let down.
- The fun. There are so many good times to be had on a visit to Virginia Beach. Whether you’re playing in the surf and sand or strolling along the pier.
- The sunrise–anywhere on the oceanfront so you can see the beautiful sunrise coming up over the Atlantic horizon.
- Shell hunting. Try beaches past the north end of the resort area or venture over to False Cape State Park, which is also located in Virginia Beach.
- Ghost Crabbing. Try your hand with catching and releasing ghost crabs in the dark. Because who says the fun has to stop when the sun goes down?
- Fishing. Walk on down that long fishing pier and try your hand at fishing in the ocean. It’s loads of fun whether you’re planning to keep the fish to cook up later, or you just want to release back into the wild.
- Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center. This facility is worthy of a visit and the perfect place if you’re looking for a little escape from the sand and sun.
- Atlantic Fun Park. What would a trip to the beach be without a visit to the amusement park? Enjoy rides, games and fun, fun food.
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Double Chocolate Cookie Bars Recipe Can Delight You - 2017/02/27
- Homemade Zucchini Chips - 2017/02/26
- Weight Watchers Apple Carrot Muffins - 2017/02/25