So, I guess I should start by saying that I like to eat chicken. I love how versatile it is, and I also love that there are so, so, so many super quick and easy recipes for delicious chicken dishes out there. With that said, here is a quick and easy chicken dip that is sure please your guests.
I like to make this dip when the we have company over to watch football or boxing matches, but it is great just for a quick dip to have at lunch time or something. With just 4 ingredients you will have a tasty dip ready for the table in less than 30 minutes. You can totally get away with using only 3 ingredients for this dip as well and it will be just as tasty.
- 2--12.5oz Cans Premium Chunk White Chicken (98% Fat Free)
- 1--16oz Jar Salsa (I use mild)
- 1--8oz Package of Cream Cheese
- 1--Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- Place the chicken into a sauce pan or pot, on medium-low heat and break it apart with a fork.
- Mix in the jar of salsa to the pan and simmer for 4 minutes. (I added about 1-2 tbsp of sugar to cut back on the tartness from the salsa and cream cheese.)
- Mix the cream cheese into the chicken and salsa mixture and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the heat and place in an oven safe dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until shredded cheese has completely melted over the top.
- (Steps 5 and 6 are completely optional, but I feel like baking for a few minutes made for a more stiff dip.)
There you have it. An easy, yet delicious dip that can be served with bread, chips, crackers etc. on game day or any other occasion. Enjoy, and have a beautiful day.
Ashley @ Supremely Divine Life
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Layered Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Ganache Filling - 2019/09/06
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - 2019/09/04
- Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe – Best Pumpkin Spice Dessert Recipe - 2019/08/24