We can’t get enough of using our instant pot lately, and this tomato chicken dinner recipe is out of this world good. Cooking with the instant pot is such a time saver when when it comes to making dinner, and we especially love that we can use more fresh whole ingredients in our cooking.
Our Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
If you haven’t checked out our other instant pot recipes, you’ll want to take a look at our Instant Pot Southwest Chicken Soup, our Instant Pot Pork Carnitas Recipe for Pork Carnitas Tacos and even our Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe. Each of these recipes is SO SO good!
What to Serve with This Tomato Chicken Dinner
When it comes to making home-cooked dinners, there is nothing better than the taste and aroma of comfort food. And meals with pasta do the trick each and every time.
Or, if you’re looking for a delicious bread to serve alongside our Instant Creamy Tomato Chicken Dinner, our readers rave and rave about our Copycat Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread and our recipe for Copycat Italian Bread-sticks. Yum, yum, yum!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs if preferred
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 1 large pack fresh spinach
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce pack of cream cheese
- Heat oil in sauté mode.
- While waiting for pot to get hot, mix salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides, working in batches. Set browned chicken aside.
- To hot pot, add onions. Sauté until translucent.
- Add spinach. Stir until spinach is half-cooked. Cancel sauté mode.
- Place chicken back into pot on top of chicken.
- Place tomatoes and cream cheese over chicken.
- Cover, lock lid and set pot to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release. Remove chicken.
- Set pot to sauté mode. Bring spinach, tomatoes, and cream cheese mixture to a boil stirring regularly and breaking up any chunks of cream cheese if any to make sauce.
- Serve cream sauce over chicken.