These Easy Pumpkin Bars are the perfect treat for autumn! Topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting and ready in 30 minutes, these may just become your favorite fall dessert!
Table of contents
Making these pumpkin bars is super easy! Mix all the ingredients in a stand up mixer, throw them in the oven, and then frost them. That’s all there is to it!
This recipe is perfect for a fall party because it’s super quick and easy to prepare and makes enough for 20 people. Serve with some vegan Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate or make it a cozy autumn meal with some Curry Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup.
This pumpkin bars recipe is…
- ready in 30 minutes
- a delicious autumn dessert
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I’m whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don’t forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Using a stand up mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Slowly add in the oil while the other ingredients are mixing.
- Add the pumpkin to the bowl and beat until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda) together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, letting it combine evenly.
- Pour the batter onto a greased baking sheet.
- Let the pumpkin bars cool.
- Make the cream cheese frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until it is soft and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, and beat the frosting until it is light and fluffy.
- When the pumpkin bars are completely cool, frost the whole sheet before cutting it into individual bars.
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips & Tricks
Stand Up Mixer
To use a stand up mixer, first put the bowl on the mixer. Attach the wire whip.
Each time you add another ingredient, you can turn off the mixer and lift the wire whip up. That will give you a little more room to add in the ingredients.
If you don’t have a stand up mixer, you can use an electric hand mixer or mix by hand. A stand up mixer might just help you cut down on mixing time.
To make your pumpkin bars a little more festive, you can decorate them! Sprinkles are always an easy way to do this! You can use fall-colored sprinkles (yellow and orange) or use little leaf-shaped sprinkles.
You can also use Halloween candy to decorate, such as candy corn or pumpkin-shaped candy corn.
If you like nuts, try topping these pumpkin bars with crushed pecans.
Make Them Vegan
Making these bars vegan is super simple! Just switch out the egg for applesauce.
To make the cream cheese frosting vegan, use vegan butter and vegan cream cheese.
Easy Pumpkin Bars FAQs
Do pumpkin bars need to be refrigerated?
If you’re going to eat all the pumpkin bars in one sitting, you don’t have to refrigerate them overnight. But, if you want them to last a little longer, they can be refrigerated for up to a week.
If you freeze them, they keep for up to a month.
Do pumpkin bars freeze well?
Yep! You can freeze your pumpkin bars.
Before you eat them, make sure that you give them ample time to thaw—or you’ll be biting into a pumpkin brick!
Easy Pumpkin Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 16 oz can solid pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 8 oz package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a stand up mixer.
- Slowly add the oil.
- Add the pumpkin and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes in a 12×16 ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat until very light and fluffy.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Poke Cake | A moist cake that has a filling poured over it and topped with creamy frosting. Slice and serve for one tasty pumpkin dessert.
- Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake | Here is a fun dessert that is crazy simple to make. Dump and bake this pumpkin cake and watch it transform into a luscious recipe.
- Pumpkin Lasagna | This is an easy no-bake dessert perfect for sharing at any fall event.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies | These pumpkin cookies are literally drool worthy. They have that pumpkin spice fall flavor that so many of us love.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake | I love cheesecake, but when you go and add pumpkin it is irresistible. This is a Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe.
- The Best Pumpkin Muffins | Start the morning off with a tender and flavorful muffin. This pumpkin muffin has a drizzle of cream cheese frosting!