These Easy Pumpkin Bars are the perfect treat for autumn! Topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting and ready in 30 minutes, these may just become your favorite fall dessert.
Making these pumpkin bars is super easy! Simply mix all the ingredients in a stand up mixer, toss them in the oven, and then frost them with the delicious cream cheese frosting. That’s all there is to it!
This recipe is perfect for a fall party because it’s super quick and easy to prepare and makes enough for 20 people.
This pumpkin bar recipe is...
- Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Ready in 30 minutes.
- A delicious fall dessert!
- An easy pumpkin dessert.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the oil.
- Add the pumpkin and beat.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda together. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
- Top with cream cheese frosting.
Scroll down for the full printable recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips & Tricks
Use a Stand Mixer
This recipe is easiest to make with a traditional stand mixer, as it really does the best job of creaming together the butter and sugar, and then beating the pumpkin mixture into a fluffy texture.
If you don’t have a stand up mixer, you can use an electric hand mixer or mix by hand. A stand up mixer might just help you cut down on mixing time, though.
Be sure you are buying a canned pumpkin variety that has only one ingredient - pumpkin. You want the type that is just pureed pumpkin.
You do not want the type that is labeled pumpkin pie filling - that will have sweeteners and other ingredients already added. (I use this exact brand.)
To make your pumpkin bars a little more festive, you can decorate them! Sprinkles are always an easy way to do this! You can use fall-colored sprinkles (yellow and orange) or use these adorable little leaf-shaped sprinkles.
You can also use Halloween candy to decorate, such as candy corn or pumpkin-shaped candy corn.
If you like nuts, try topping these pumpkin bars with crushed pecans.
I mean chocolate makes every dessert better, right? For something truly indulgent, try adding a drizzle of this homemade chocolate ganache!
Do pumpkin bars need to be refrigerated?
If you’re going to eat all the pumpkin bars in one sitting, you don’t have to refrigerate them overnight. But, if you want them to last a little longer, they can be refrigerated for up to a week.
Do pumpkin bars freeze well?
Yep! You can freeze your pumpkin bars for up to a month. Before you eat them, make sure that you give them ample time to thaw—or you’ll be biting into a pumpkin brick!
If you love these pumpkin bars, be sure to check out these other tasty recipes:
- Sweet & Savory Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Donuts with Buttermilk Glaze
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake
Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a stand up mixer.
- Slowly add the oil.
- Add the pumpkin and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes in a 12x16 ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat until very light and fluffy.