Ah, cheesy potatoes.
We’re talking about one of those quintessential side dishes that graces tables on occasions as joyous as holiday gatherings and as disheartening as a funeral meal. Often called Funeral Potatoes, this potato and cheese casserole is a hugely popular recipe to all who know it.
One of my favorite things about holiday dinner are the side dishes. Seriously–I can’t get enough of them. You will find my plate loaded up with a bit of this and a bit of that, as well as a little bit of whatever meat is on the menu.
Funeral Potatoes Recipe
But the most enjoyed part of the meal each and every time–for me–are the side dishes.
Add cheese to a side dish and you’ll have me going back for seconds–because…cheese.
I’m always happy to use products that are from my state, and Crystal Farms Cheese is a product that is quite literally in my neck of the woods. Lake Mills, Wisconsin, the home of Crystal Farms for the last 25 years, is only about 30 minutes from where I live. Crazy small world.
The Crystal Farms® brand has been around since 1926. What I most love about their products (besides the taste of course) is the fact that they offer a natural product with few preservatives, are gluten free and are a rich source of calcium. Not to mention they are lactose tolerant, which make them a great cheese option for many people.
Want to Win?
We’re hosting a giveaway, sponsored by Crystal Farms, and one lucky winner will win the following prize package:
Entries are open to US residents only.
Cheesy Potatoes aka Funeral Potatoes Side Dish
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 28-oz. bag southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 10-oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and saute onions and garlic until opaque.
- Mix together onion mixture with next 6 ingredients. Pour into 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves 8-10.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cake with Strawberry Topping - 2017/05/25
- TWIX® Brownie Trifle- A Decadent Chocolate Dessert - 2017/05/24