Super Easy Tri-Color Roasted Carrots
One of the great things about whole food cooking is how beautiful the results can be. These elegant tri-color roasted carrots are incredibly sweet and tasty and they provide a nice splash of color that makes any main dish appear more appetizing.
This is a simple recipe with only 4 ingredients. Carrots, kosher salt, olive oil and fresh thyme make up the flavors that meld into side dish perfection. Now…if you don’t have fresh thyme on hand, you can always substitute for dried thyme, which is also full of flavor.
What a perfect side dish recipe for a holiday meal. How gorgeous would these colorful carrots be on a Thanksgiving table?
But the thing about oven roasted carrots, as beautiful and tasty as they are–they can be enjoyed any time of year. Pair them up with another side dish like Funeral potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Fruit Pudding.
Roasted carrots are a healthy side dish you should think about added to your diet on a regular basis. Not only are they full of beta carotenes, vitamin A and have lots of health benefits beyond just being good for your eyes. We’re talking about nutrients that are good for your skin, immune system and mucous membranes, among other things.
- 1 1/2 pounds tri-color carrots, washed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, stems removed
Yield: 6 servings, Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place carrots on parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss with your hands to evenly coat each carrot with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and fresh thyme leaves.
- Place baking tray in pre-heated oven and roast for approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn each carrot to expose the bottom side. Return to oven and roast another 5-10 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.