This copycat Cheesecake Factory Carrot Cake is loaded with indulgent flavor from two layers of fresh carrot cake and the richest cream cheese frosting you've ever tasted. And now it's simple to make at home!
As you surely know by now, I am a total sucker for the Cheesecake Factory's desserts. In fact, my copycat Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake has long been one of the most popular recipes on this blog! And my newest copycat Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake is quickly rising up the ranks too.
But next we're going to step away from the cheesecake and make... carrot cake! Cheesecake Factory is renowned for its over-the-top, delicious desserts, and their carrot cake is no exception.
Ok, fine. It's a carrot cake loaded with so much delicious cream cheese frosting, that it might as well be a layer of cheesecake. But who's counting?
This Carrot Cake cheesecake is:
- My best copycat of the famous Cheesecake Factory Carrot Cake!
- Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Rich and flavorful.
- Totally indulgent and delicious.
- Perfect for an Easter dessert - or any other special occasion!
Tips and Tricks
Storing the Cake
This cake needs to be kept refrigerated, due to the cream cheese frosting. You can store the cake in a closed container or lidded cake plate in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Allow individual slices to come to room temperature before serving, if desired.
Cool the cake completely
Be patient and let the cake layers cool completely before adding frosting to avoid a melting mess!
Chill Before Slicing
A chilled cake is much easier to slice, giving you those clean, restaurant-style slices.
I included walnuts in the recipe. But you could mix it up by using chopped pecans, raisins, dried fruit, or even chocolate chips.
Make it Nut-Free
Easily make this cake nut-free by omitting the walnuts.
Make it Gluten-Free
Substitute the regular flour with your favorite gluten-free baking flour for a gluten-free version.
Spice It Up
Feel free to adjust the spices to your own liking. Add a pinch of cloves or allspice for an extra kick of flavor.
More Tasty Desserts
If you love this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Carrot Cake, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Carrot Cake Waffles
- Carrot Cake Cookies
Cheesecake Factory Carrot Cake
For the cake:
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, grease and flour three 8” baking pans and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground nutmeg; set aside
- Add the canola oil, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla to a separate mixing bowl and whisk to combine
- Pour the oil mixture into the flour mixture and stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Fold gently until evenly distributed through the batter
- Evenly divide the batter between the three prepared pans, smoothing it into even layers
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before flipping out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy
- Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Add the vanilla extract then mix on high for 1-2 minutes, or until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, use a serrated knife to remove the domes if necessary, then generously spread the frosting between the layer of cakes
- Then generously spread the frosting on the sides and top of the cake
- Pipe a design along the top of the cake, then press the walnuts into the frosting along the sides of the cake.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to make slicing easier