Making these egg-shaped Easter Rice Krispie treats is a fun and easy way to celebrate the holiday. Colorful, chewy, and sweetly flavored Rice Krispies treats shaped like Easter eggs. Whip these up for a simple Easter dessert that is a no bake treat.
This is a great way to dress up your Easter table. If you have little kids they will love to help make these treats. Check out all these easy Easter dessert ideas.
These Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats Are...
- Quick and easy
- No bake dessert
- Uses Easter egg plastic egg for shaping
How to Make
Full directions on how to make these Easter Rice Krispie treats are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how it is made.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and marshmallows for 45 seconds. Stir until the mixture is completely combined. Add 3 drops of gel food coloring of your choice and stir well.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow cream and stir until the cereal is coated evenly.
- Spray plastic Easter egg molds with cooking spray and pack them tightly with the coated rice cereal mixture.
- Close the molds and let them sit for 10 minutes. Open the molds and carefully remove the Rice Krispies eggs. Repeat steps 1-3 for each desired color.
Helpful Tools for Success
Reach for plastic Easter eggs to shape and mold your Rice Krispies! This is going to give you the perfect egg shape for these chewy treats. Just make sure to grease the plastic egg to prevent the treats from sticking to the plastic.
Microwave Safe Bowl
Using a microwave safe bowl works great for melting the butter and marshmallows. Stir well and once well mixed then you will add in the cereal.
Variations to Recipe
Go right ahead and swap from plain cereal and swap with the Fruity Pebbles. Or if you do not want to color your eggs you can use cocoa pebbles.
Dip in Chocolate
Melt colored candy melts and dip your rice treats in the chocolate. This will add more flavor to the treats. You can use candy melts, chocolate chips, etc. If you do chocolate chips then add ½ teaspoon coconut oil to the chocolate.
Mix in some sprinkles to the cereal to add more color to the treats. Feel free to reach for Easter themed sprinkles.
Easter Egg Treat FAQs
Can I use different shapes for the molds?
Yes, you can use different shapes for the molds. Silicone molds can be a good alternative if you don't have plastic egg molds.
Can I use other types of cereal instead of Rice Krispies?
Yes, you can use other types of cereal, but keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be different.
How do I store Easter Egg Rice Krispies treats?
Store the treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. You can also wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats
- Melt 1 ½ tablespoons of butter with 1 ¼ cups of marshmallow in microwave for 45 seconds.
- When melted, stir until completely combined. Add 3 drops of desired gel coloring.
- Add 1 ½ cups of Rice Krispie cereal to marshmallow cream. Stir until rice cereal is coated.
- Spray plastic Easter eggs with oil and pack with coated rice cereal mixture tightly. Close the plastic egg and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. 4. Repeat steps 1-3 for each desired color.