How many times have you gone to a youth sporting event or a town festival and headed for the concession stand in search of something to curb your hunger? My family favorite concession stand food is the Walking Taco. What’s yours?
Walking tacos from a concession stand come in various ways. Walking tacos are sometimes served in a bag of FRITOS® or in a rectangular cardboard food container. They can come served with just taco meat, FRITOS® and cheese, or with an abundance of other toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa and jalapenos.
My favorite: a loaded Walking Taco! It’s basically a taco salad with FRITOS®! I’m not sure why I never thought to serve these at home before, but they were a big hit. I served them up on plates, because, well… we were at home and no need to use disposable dishes.
Ready to make your Walking Taco? It’s really simple!
First, prepare ground beef and add taco seasoning. I use McCormick® Taco Seasoning. This is one of these recipes that is SO easy to double, triple, quadruple… all depending on how many you are serving.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner idea, add this one to your list! It is a winner all around, and reminds us all of our favorite concession stand food and the memories we’ve made while enjoying a town festival or weekends carting the kids around to sporting events. Food can do that.
What’s your favorite concession stand food?
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning (I used McCormick®)
- 1 bag of FRITOS®
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Lettuce, iceberg (shreds)
- Sour cream
- Optional toppings (jalapenos, black olives)
- Brown ground beef and drain grease. Prepare with taco seasoning. Wash and prepare lettuce and tomato.
- Place FRITOS® in bowl, add taco meat and toppings. Serve, and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Layered Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Ganache Filling - 2019/09/06
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - 2019/09/04
- Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe – Best Pumpkin Spice Dessert Recipe - 2019/08/24