This five ingredient Peppermint Bark Fudge is perfect for the holiday season! Rich and chocolatey and topped with crunchy peppermint bark, this is a surefire crowd pleaser.
Fudge has always been one of my favorite holiday treats. Of course, I can make it any time of year. But for some reason I never think to do it until Christmas rolls around. And this year I thought I'd kick my fudge up a notch with an extra special topping - peppermint bark!
I used two of my fave holiday specials from Andes - the Mint Cookie Crunch Bark and the Peppermint Bark to top off this festive fudge. (Not sponsored or anything, I just like it! You can find them here.) But you can use your own favorite brands or even homemade peppermint bark for your holiday fudge.
With a few simple ingredients and just a few minutes of prep time, this tasty treat will have you in the holiday spirit in no time!
Helpful Tips & Variations
Alternatives to the Peppermint Bark
Feel free to get creative with this recipe. Instead of using the Andes bark that I used, try swapping in your favorite chopped candy. Love peanut butter? Top your fudge with chopped Reese's Pieces. Or simply topped with crushed candy canes instead.
Make Homemade Peppermint Bark
If you're feeling extra ambitious, try your hand at making this Copycat Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark.
You must let your fudge cool to room temperature before trying to slice it. You can speed this up by cooling in the fridge if you want.
Replace the peppermint extract with vanilla extract
Replace the 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract with vanilla extract for a sweeter and milder flavor.
Use dark chocolate
Use dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet for a richer chocolate flavor.
Make it creamier
Reduce the sweetened condensed milk to 12 ounces and add 2 ounces of softened cream cheese for an extra creamy texture.
More Tasty Treats
If you love this Peppermint Bark Fudge, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- Red Velvet Fudge
- Mini Peppermint Bark Cheesecakes
- Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls
- More Christmas Recipes!!
Peppermint Bark Fudge
- Prepare Baking Dish: Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line it with wax paper, then lightly spray the wax paper as well.
- Heat Condensed Milk: In a small nonstick pot, combine the condensed milk and peppermint extract. Heat this mixture over medium-low heat until it starts to steam and simmer (be careful not to let it boil).
- Melt Chocolate Chips: Place the chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl. Once the condensed milk mixture is hot, pour it over the chocolate chips.
- Combine Mixture: Whisk the condensed milk and chocolate chips together until they are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to Baking Dish: Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Add Toppings: Sprinkle the chopped Mint Cookie Bark and Peppermint Bark evenly over the top of the fudge.
- Cool the Fudge: Allow the fudge to cool completely at room temperature. For quicker cooling, you can place it in the refrigerator.
- Cut into Squares: Once cooled, cut the fudge into squares and serve.