An easy to make fruit pizza with a soft sugar cookie crust, topped with sweet strawberry cream cheese and colorful winter fruits.
- Red and Green Pears
- Oranges - citrus is always best during the winter!
Keep it simple and use the pre-packaged strawberry cream cheese here.
Winter Fruit Pizza
- 1 stick butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 7.5 ounce container strawberry cream cheese
- 2 red pears
- 2 green pears
- 2 bananas
- 3 kiwis
- ½ cup grapes
For the crust:
- In a large bowl using hand held mixer, or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla, beat on low speed until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and corn starch. Turn your mixer on low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beat on low for about 1 minute, just until combined.
- Cover the bowl of dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, up to one day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 12 inch pizza pan or spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray. Remove dough from the refrigerator and press down onto pizza pan in an even flat circle.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until edges are just slightly golden brown.
- Once crust is cooled, slice all of the fruit as desired.
- Top the crust evenly with the strawberry cream cheese, and decorate with chopped fruit.
- Note: You can store this in the refrigerator for 2 days after assembling, some fruit, such as bananas may not retain their color and are best added when serving.