Did you know that making appetizers like this gorgeous Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Balls could be so easy? You will have this whipped up and ready to go in less than 10 minutes time!
Part of what makes party planning so much fun is actually preparing food for your party. And the most fun part about making the food is snacking on the food the entire time you're cooking.
It's my favorite part of party planning. 😉
These super easy cranberry pecan goat cheese balls are a great addition to any party. You can serve them on their own with an assortment of your favorite crackers and vegetable crudités, or you can thinly slice them to serve over your favorite mixed green salad.
Regular kitchen knives can “squish” the log into awkward shapes while cutting. Use dental floss to slice logs into uniform slices instead. I know it sounds weird - but it works! However, be sure to use non-mint flavored floss when you do! Just trust me on that one.
This is a great base recipe that you can tweak with your own favorite toppings. Try it with toasted walnuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, pine nuts, or pistachios instead of pecans.
You can also eliminate the nuts completely and use your favorite fresh herbs, edible flowers or other dried fruits, such as apricots or figs.
And if you love this recipe, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
10-Minute Pecan Cranberry Goat Cheese Balls
- 4 oz goat cheese log, chilled
- ⅔ cup pecans finely chopped
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pecans on rimmed baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove halfway through and flip the pecans with a spatula to toast evenly. Remove from oven and cool completely before chopping.
- Remove goat cheese log from package and shape into bite sized balls.
- Pour chopped pecans and dried cranberries onto a small clean plate. Gently roll the goat cheese balls in the nut mixture until entire surface is coated. Apply gentle pressure with your fingers to fill in any open spaces.
- Chop fresh parsley and roll cheese balls in parsley.
- Transfer to serving plate and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator until 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and crudités – or use to top a mixed green salad.
Great cheese all, very easy.