Pecan-Crusted Goat Cheese Logs
Did you know that making appetizers like this gorgeous cheese ball could be so easy? Literally, you will have this whipped up and ready to go in no time at all…like, less than 10 minutes time.
We’ve got you covered when it comes to making easy appetizers. From our tried and true favorites that we’ve make so many times…without a recipe by now, mind you to all new faves.
Try our Black Bean Salsa, Chunky Guacamole and one of the most popular recipes on All She Cooks–Stuffed Mushrooms. You won’t soon forget the ease with which you can make these recipes that are so perfect to serve up to guests.
In all of our research on which appetizers to make and what to serve them on, we’ve found a few essentials that we will rave about over and over again:
- Mini Clear Plastic Party Bowls.
- Mozaik Mini Appetizer Set, 96 pcs.
- CiboWares Wooden Serving Boat, 3.5″ x 2.25″, Package of 50
Did you know that serving appetizers could be so attractive and fun? Not to mention easy. At your next party, make individual serving size appetizers for your guests to grab and go.
Part of what makes party planning so much fun is actually preparing food for your party. And the funnest part about making the food is snacking on the food the entire time you’re making your food.
It’s our favorite part of party planning.
These super easy cheese balls are a great addition to any party. You can serve them on their own with an assortment of your favorite crackers and vegetable crudités, or you can thinly slice them to serve over your favorite mixed green salad.
Tip: Regular kitchen knives can “squish” the log into awkward shapes while cutting. Use dental floss to slice logs into uniform slices instead. However, be sure to use non-mint flavored floss when you do!
This recipe is just an example meant to inspire your own creativity. There are tons of wonderful variations you can create with just a few simple ingredients. For example, you can use toasted walnuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, pine nuts, or pistachios instead of pecans.
You can also eliminate the nuts completely and use your favorite fresh herbs, edible flowers or dried fruits, such as cranberries, apricots, or figs.
- 1 (4 ounce) goat cheese log, chilled
- 2/3 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pecans on rimmed baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove halfway through and flip the pecans with a spatula to toast evenly. Remove from oven and cool completely before chopping.
- Remove goat cheese log from package and shape into a ball.
- Pour chopped pecans and dried cranberries onto a small clean plate. Gently roll the goat cheese ball in the nuts until entire surface is coated. Apply gentle pressure with your fingers to fill in any open spaces.
- Chop fresh parsley and roll cheese ball in parsley.
- Transfer to serving plate and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator until 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and crudités – or slice into rounds to top a mixed green salad.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak - 2019/10/14
- Peach Pie Recipe – An Easy and Delicious Dessert - 2019/10/12
- Crustless Pizza Recipe – Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipe - 2019/10/12