This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WonderfulMovieNight #WonderWoman
Do you live in a household obsessed with super heroes? I sure do! So, it’s only natural that I take a little time to talk about Wonder Woman, who just so happens to be a super hero I can relate with.
I mean…woman, check. One of a kind and awesome, check. Just saying.
We absolutely are in LOVE with movies around here. So, of course we are excited in my household that Wonder Woman will be coming to a theater near us on June 2nd. Can’t wait! And, I have to say I was super happy to find out that Dr Pepper® will be a part of those occasions by partnering with Wonder Woman. I’ve always loved Dr Pepper and what a great way to pair up with the next summer blockbuster!
You know, movies are a great way to connect with friends. I love going to the movies with friends, and am glad my daughter shares that love as well. The thing about this movie too is that it isn’t just another super hero movie. It’s a cultural event. We’ve got a one of a kind hero like Wonder Woman, who so many fans will be able to connect with, and at the same time we can sit back, sip and indulge in the one of a kind taste Dr Pepper. You can see I love all things about this scenario. It’s utterly fab!
Limited Time Coupon Available on Kroger.com
Not only that, but there is a limited time only coupon available for download just in time to enjoy some tasty snacks like Orville Redenbacher’s® & Dr Pepper from Kroger. It’s all about “Who’s the Hero in your Life”.
Save $2.00 on Orville Redenbacher’s® Popcorn and Dr Pepper® when you buy ONE (1) Orville Redenbacher® Popcorn, any variety (6pk) and ONE (1) Dr Pepper® any variety (.5L 6 pk). Expires 5/21/2017. Limited Time Offer; while supplies last.
Why we love Popcorn!
We’re kind of popcorn crazy around here. It’s just so fun, easy and delicious for snacking on during movies–or really any time. But, what makes it even more fun is when we take some Orville Redenbacher’s® and pop it up, make some yummilicious Chocolate Popcorn Balls and serve them up with Dr Pepper Ice Cream Floats. That’s a very Wonder Woman thing to do…we think.
You know, a box of popcorn and some Dr Pepper would make a phenomenal addition to a special kit for Mom this Mother’s Day. I know I’d enjoy a treat like that.
Chocolate Popcorn Balls
Chocolate Popcorn Balls are a lot easier to make than you might think. We used a combination of corn syrup, marshmallows, margarine, powdered sugar and water to make the sticky sweetness that is the glue for holding these sweet treats together. Heated on the stove, it takes no time at all to cook this concoction up to melt and stir all the ingredients together.
Then, we simply popped 3 bags of Orville Redenbacher’s® popcorn and stirred it up into to syrupy mix until well combined. Pretty easy.
The next step was the most difficult, but as long as you take care you won’t have any problems. We used medium sheets of parchment paper, about 10 inches square, and dropped a couple large spoonfuls onto the paper. Then, we used the paper to squeeze the popcorn into a ball and sort of wrapped the paper around the popcorn to keep the shape. After that, we used a large muffin pan to hold the popcorn balls for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator…just enough time to let them harden up a little bit.
Once we took them out of the fridge and removed the paper, we kept the popcorn balls in the muffin tin and topped them with melted chocolate chips. You could serve them up like this, or you could pop them back into the refrigerator for another 20 minutes or so and let the chocolate harden. Either way, you’ve got a super tasty treat.
Inspired by Wonder Woman – Ice Cream Floats
Ice cream floats are nothing to blink an eye over. In fact, they used to be a weekly dessert in our house because our son was obsessed with ice cream sodas. They are just THAT good.
These Dr Pepper Ice Cream Floats are no different. They are utterly delicious and completely delightful. And did we mention…so, so easy to make.
Take a couple spoonfuls of ice cream, top it off with Dr Pepper, and then a tiny bit of whipped cream and a strawberry or cherry for garnish. Pop in a couple fun straws, and you’ve got yourself a dessert drink that is ready to win the show.
We really love it when a dessert can be made in under five minutes because it frees us up to enjoy the other sweet moments in life–like watching a movie with the family.
Chocolate Popcorn Balls and Ice Cream Floats
Chocolate Popcorn Balls
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 bags popped Orville Redenbacher’s® popcorn
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
Ice Cream Floats
- 2 large spoonfuls vanilla ice cream per float
- Dr Pepper
- Whipped topping
- Strawberry or cherry to garnish
For the Popcorn Balls
- Combine corn syrup, marshmallows, margarine, powdered sugar and water. Heat on the stove over medium low heat until melted and gently boiling, stirring continuously.
- Pop 3 bags of Orville Redenbacher’s® popcorn and stir the popcorn into the syrupy mix until well combined.
- Use medium sheets of parchment paper, about 10 inches square, and drop a couple large spoonfuls of popcorn mixture onto the paper. Then, use the paper to shape the popcorn into a ball and wrap the paper around the popcorn to hold the shape. Place paper wrapped popcorn balls in a large muffin pan to hold the popcorn balls for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator...just enough time to let them harden up a little bit.
- Remove the paper and place popcorn balls back into muffin tin and top them with melted chocolate chips. You could serve the popcorn balls up like this, with melted chocolate, or you could pop them back into the refrigerator for another 20 minutes or so and let the chocolate harden.
For Ice Cream Sodas
- Put two small scoops of ice cream into each glass.
- Top with Dr Pepper.
- Add whipped topping and then garnish with a strawberry or cherry.
No Purchase Necessary, Twitter A/C Req’d.,50 US/DC only, 18+, Ends 5/21/17. Rules: https://gleam.io/f6gdL/wonderfulmovienight-sweepstakes