These Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns are absolutely delicious! They’re the creamy hash browns you love, baked to perfection.
Table of contents
Not only are these Cracker Barrel Hash Browns just like the kind you can get at the restaurant, they’re super simple to make!
You just mix all the ingredients together and throw them in the oven. And then you have enough hash browns to feed 6 people at a fraction of the price you’d pay in the restaurant!
This copycat Cracker Barrel hash browns recipe is…
- an easy baked recipe
- a tasty main dish
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I’m whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don’t forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns
- Preheat the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the frozen hash browns, vegetable broth, sour cream, onion powder, salt, black pepper, cheddar cheese, and Colby-Jack cheese.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the hash brown mixture into the pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake.
- After the indicated baking time, remove the foil and bake again.
- When the cheese on top is golden, the hash browns are done!
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Green Onions & (Vegan) Bacon Bits
You can add some extra flavor to your hash browns by adding green onions and bacon bits.
Chop up the green onions before adding them to the hash browns. Make sure to add them while you’re mixing all the ingredients together—before you put it into the oven.
You can add vegan bacon bits at the same time. There are a number of vegan options for bacon bits, such as McCormick’s Bac’n Pieces.
Make it Vegan
Making this recipe vegan is super simple! Switch out the sour cream and cheese for their vegan alternatives: vegan sour cream, shredded vegan cheddar cheese, and vegan shredded Colby-Jack cheese.
Homemade Hash Browns
Instead of using frozen hash browns, you can opt to make your own.
To make these, shred the potatoes, and then put them into water to remove starch. Then squeeze the liquid out of the hash browns and set them in another bowl. Towel off all the hash browns and fry them in a skillet with butter. Only put about 1 to 2 potatoes in the skillet at a time. Once they’ve browned on the bottom, flip them over to brown on the other side. Season with salt and pepper.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns FAQs
How do you shred potatoes?
If you decide to make your own hash browns rather than use frozen ones, you can shred the potatoes by using a food processor or grate them with a hand grater.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #allshecooks so we can see how your recipe turned out!
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns
- 32 oz shredded hash brown potatoes frozen
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/4 cups colby jack cheese shredded
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Pour hash brown mixture into pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10–12 minutes, until cheesy top is golden.
- Serves 6 as a main dish.