Satisfy your sweet tooth with this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake! This easy-to-make dessert is made with a crunchy oreo cookie crust and a rich, creamy cheesecake filling mixed with oreos and topped with a homemade whipped cream for the perfect finish. Perfect for a special occasion or just as a special treat!
This delicious and easy-to-make cheesecake will have you salivating. My Copycat Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake has internet-famous for a long time, so I thought you all might enjoy another option inspired by my favorite cheesecake bakery.
This new copycat recipe was designed to taste just like my favorite Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake! With its crunchy oreo cookie crust and a decadent cheesecake filling, this show-stopping dessert is pretty enough to serve at your holiday table and still easy enough to make for an everyday treat.
With just 15 minutes of prep time, and a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a delicious dessert to serve up in no time. I promise guests will be begging you for this recipe, so get ready for a crowd pleaser.
Tips and Tricks
Don't use low fat dairy products.
For the best results, use full-fat cream cheese and sour cream. The lower fat versions just don't give the same texture and rich flavor. Trust me - it's worth the extra calories here.
Start with room temperature ingredients.
Make sure that all of your ingredients (especially the eggs) are at room temperature before adding them to the cheesecake filling. They will be much easier to mix and you will have less chance of a cracked cheesecake this way.
To prevent the cheesecake from cracking or sinking, avoid drafts and don’t open the oven door too many times during baking. Cool the cheesecake completely to room temperature before adding the topping.
Let it chill.
Ok, I am definitely guilty of diving into my cheesecakes while they're still warm. it's hard to resist. But you will get the best results if you let the cheesecake chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving, to give it time to set fully.
Slice with a hot knife.
Slicing the cheesecake with a warm knife will help prevent the cheesecake from cracking or breaking when you serve it. I run mine under hot water for a minute or so.
Substitute heavy cream for sour cream.
I prefer the texture and tang of sour cream in my cheesecake filling, but you can substitute heavy cream if you like.
For a fruity twist
Add some raspberry or blueberry jam to the cheesecake before baking.
To give the cheesecake a more nutty flavor, mix in some crushed hazelnuts to the oreo crust.
Top with fudge.
For an extra sweet treat, drizzle the cheesecake with a layer of homemade hot fudge sauce before serving.
Add white chocolate.
Try swirling some melted white chocolate into the cheesecake just before baking.
More Tasty Desserts
If you love this Copycat Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Copycat IHOP Cheesecake Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake
- 24 oreos
- ⅓ cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- In a high speed food processor, add the oreo cookies
- Pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Pour in the butter, then pulse again to mix until the crumbs look like wet sand.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9” spring form pan; set aside
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sour cream, cornstarch, vanilla extract and salt. Beat the eggs in one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in about half of the chopped oreos
- Then transfer the mixture to the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle remaining oreo cookie crumbs in the center of the cheesecake, leaving about a 1” border for the whipped cream topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until the center is set and only slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature for one hour before chilling in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, prepare the whipped cream by whipping the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Pipe the whipped cream around the outside of the cheesecake, slice and enjoy