A good crock pot beef stew is one of my favorite dinners to make. Soups and stews make cold winter days SO much better. That’s why my go to meal at least 2-3 times a week when it gets cold involves ladling up something super soothing.
If you cook soup as much as I do, you’ll love this fun lid and ladle rest–because who wants to have a messy counter when they are cooking dinner? Clean as you go, and avoid messes at all costs, that’s what we’re talking about here.
However, this Bountiful Crock Pot Beef Stew is the best beef stew I’ve had in a long time, and it was hands down the easiest beef stew to make.
Sometimes it is nice to have a recipe that doesn’t involve a lot of chopping and dicing, especially on those mornings when you’re simply in a rush to get out the door and throwing everything in a crock pot makes all kinds of sense. Toss in a slow cooker liner to make cleanup a non-issue after dinner and load up the ingredients, and the you’ll be good to go.
You know the kind I’m talking about… the days when you know you’re going to be running kids around after school to various sporting events and other after school activities. Or the days when you’ve got too much on your plate at work to have to worry about dinner when you get home.
Yeah. I think we all have those.
That’s why I have a list of go-to crock pot dinner ideas because I know if I don’t have something ready to go, my family will be snacking the minute the minute they hit the door. Have a family like that?
Make a crockpot meal… it is a life-saver and quite frankly a money saver when you are tempted to hit the drive-through or order pizza instead.Print
Crockpot Bountiful Beef Stew
- 1 lb. beef stew meat
- 1/2 can Coca Cola
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen stew vegetables
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 4 cups water
- First, I marinated the beef stew meat in half a can of Coca-Cola for about 2 hours in the refrigerator. The acidity of the Coca-Cola works as a tenderizer.
- Drain the liquid from the meat and add the meat to the crock pot. Next, add 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix, frozen stew veggies, celery and onion.
- To this, add 4 cups of water and stir. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21