This Weight Watchers Taco Soup is one of the easiest Weight Watchers friendly recipes I've created. Healthy, bursting with flavor, and just three points per serving!
One of the easiest ways to stay on top of your diet and still feel satisfied is to eat hearty soups and stews.
This Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe is one of our favorites thanks to its amazing flavor and low point value for such a large portion. It also pairs PERFECTLY with our yummy Weight Watchers Banana Bread.
By adding in tons of flavor rich vegetables and a few spices, you can create a soup that feels like a huge meal without wasting your entire days points. Each bowl of this soup weighs in at only 3 Weight Watchers Points and is a perfect lunch or hearty evening meal.
Note: The Weight Watchers point system is constantly evolving, so be sure to check the points versus whatever version of the plan you're currently following.
Weight Watchers Recipes Galore
Recipes that are friendly to your waistline while being so completely appetizing are always good to have on hand, whether you're seriously dieting or just want to eat a bit better and reduce your caloric intake.
Here are few helpful resources for planning healthier and delicious meals:
- More of my own Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes!
- The Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook is packed with 280 healthy recipes!
- This Weight Watcher friendly Slow Cook Yourself Slim Ultimate Ebook is an amazing source for recipes that will keep you on your diet plan.
- If you're looking for a way to stay motivated on a time-schedule, this 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss Challenge will help you out.
- Or, if you're on a low-carb diet, check out the Low Carb Recipes and eCookbooks from Step Away from the Carbs!
How to Make Weight Watchers Taco Soup - Step by Step
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this delicious soup recipe.
Brown ground turkey meat in a stock pot.
Add pepper, onions, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn to the ground turkey in the stock pot.
This soup is starting to come together!
Here you have two choices. You can add the seasonings listed in the recipe card below, which are yum. Or, alternatively, you can add 3 tablespoons of our DIY Taco Seasoning.
Add water and cook this delicious soup recipe up on the stove. It's SO good!
This Taco Soup is delish!
This taco soup is seriously one my family's favorite soup recipes. We're talking about spicy seasonings and bite after bite of vegetables and ground meat that is just so good.
Our Weight Watchers version of the soup has ground turkey- which is a leaner meat and the perfect solution when you're trying to cut fat.
We love this soup recipe!
It is so easy to make...as easy as browning ground turkey, onions and peppers and adding in some tasty canned vegetables and beans.
3 Point Weight Watchers Taco Soup
This is one of those recipes that we love to make because it is so incredibly simple.
This soup goes perfectly into your meal plan each week as a starter for a meal, a great hearty lunch or even a smaller portion as a quick snack when you are feeling the need for a pick me up.
The Weight Watchers Taco Soup can be adapted easily to your family preferences with little variance in point calculations.
You may omit vegetables your family doesn't care for and replace with ones they do enjoy. It is also very simple to leave out the ground meat and add an extra can of beans to create a vegetarian dish that everyone will love.
You can also adapt this recipe and make it a Weight Watchers Crock Pot soup recipe too. Just brown the meat, combine all the ingredients in the crock pot, and slow cook for 4-6 hours.
More Tasty Recipes
If you love this Weight Watchers Taco Soup, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- More Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes!
- Copycat Chili's Southwest Chicken Soup
- Weight Watchers Beef Stroganoff
Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper small, diced
- 1 yellow onion small, diced
- 14 oz corn kernels canned, low sodium, drained
- 14 oz Diced tomatoes canned, low sodium
- 8 oz tomato sauce canned, low sodium
- 15 oz kidney beans canned, low sodium, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz pinto beans canned, low sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups water
- In a large stock pot, brown ground turkey. Drain any excess grease/moisture and return to stockpot.
- Add in all other ingredients stirring until well incorporated.
- Simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes