One of the easiest ways to stay on top of your diet and to feel satisfied is to eat hearty soups and stews. This Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe is one of our favorites thanks to its amazing flavor and low point value for such a large portion.
By adding in tons of flavor rich vegetables and a few spices, you can create a soup that feels like a huge meal without wasting your entire days points. Each bowl of this soup weighs in at only 3 Points and is a perfect lunch or hearty evening meal.
Weight Watchers Recipes Galore
Looking for more Weight Watchers recipes? Try our Weight Watchers Meatloaf, Weight Watchers Pig In A Blanket Recipe, or maybe Cookie Dough Dip Recipe (Weight Watchers Friendly).
Recipes that are friendly to your waistline while being so completely appetizing are always good to have on hand, whether you’re seriously dieting or just want to eat a bit better and reduce your caloric intake.
WEIGHT WATCHERS TACO SOUP
If you haven’t heard, the original Taco Soup recipe is fantastic. We’re talking about spicy seasonings and bite after bite of vegetables and ground meat that is just so good. Our Weight Watchers version of the soup has ground turkey–which is a leaner meat and the perfect solution when you’re trying to cut fat.Print
Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Can Low Sodium Whole Kernel Corn (drained)
- 1 Can Low Sodium Diced Tomatoes
- 1 8oz. Can Low Sodium Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Low Sodium Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 Can Low Sodium Pinto Beans (drained)
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Water
- 1. In a large stock pot, brown ground turkey. Drain any excess grease/moisture and return to stockpot.
- 2. Add in all other ingredients stirring until well incorporated.
- 3. Simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes
- 4. Each 2 Cup Portion is 3 Weight Watchers Points
This soup goes perfectly into your meal plan each week as a starter for a meal, a great hearty lunch or even a smaller portion as a quick snack when you are feeling the need for a pick me up. The Weight Watchers Taco Soup can be adapted easily to your family preferences with little variance in point calculations. You may omit vegetables your family doesn’t care for and replace with ones they do enjoy. It is also very simple to leave out the ground meat and add an extra can of beans to create a vegetarian dish that everyone will love.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Hazelnut Cheesecake Layered Icebox Cake - 2017/05/29
- Grilled Pork Pineapple Kabobs - 2017/05/28
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26