Crockpot Panettone Bread Pudding.
I love using my crockpot. When it's a "stay indoors snowy kind of day", well that's the kind of recipe I'm looking for. And this Crockpot Panettone Bread Pudding is a classic. I remember my Mom using crusts and bread scraps to make hers. It was so delicious, and she added some lovely spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
The recipe I found uses cinnamon bread and there are a gazillion crockpot recipes out there. Seriously, probably two gazillion. And there it was, a bread pudding recipe for my Crockpot. I must admit sounds lovely. Can't you just smell the aroma of cinnamon bread baking into a delicious and creamy bread pudding?
But you know me, don't ya? I love to mix it up. So for this Bread Pudding I decided to use Panettone. That deliciously sweet Italian Bread you see in stores only at Christmas time.
Add some lovely heavy cream, a few raisins, eggs and PRESTO! Crockpot Panettone Bread Pudding.
Oh and Brandy....don't forget the Brandy!
You can typically bake a bread pudding in about 45 to 50 minutes in your oven. The Crockpot takes longer, but that you leaves you time to do other lovely things, like read a book, go for a walk or watch a movie. Yeah, that's for me. A great movie, with some hot cocoa and my favorite blanket, all curled up. You can make this amazing Panettone Bread Pudding in your crockpot in about 2-3 hours of cooking time. I've also included the prep time in the recipe below so that you can plan ahead!
I think this delicious Crockpot Panettone Bread Pudding is a great breakfast casserole and would make a yummy dish for Breakfast or Brunch! For more Brunch ideas, Salted Caramel Coffee Cake or Apple Pie Coffee Cake will both be a hit at your next Brunch. White Chocolate and Blueberry Bread Pudding is another great recipe to try.
And to top it off the Panettone Bread Pudding, I like to smother it in my yummy homemade Salted Caramel Sauce.
Crockpot Panettone Bread Pudding
- Cut the panettone into large chunks. You may have to trim the bottom crust - they are often quite dark
- Place the bread in the bottom of your greased slow cooker
- Beat together the eggs and milk
- Stir in the sugar, butter, raisins, brandy, cinnamon
- Pour over the bread and stir until the mixture is well coated
- Cover and cook on High for one hour.
- Reduce to Low and cook another 2-3 hours depending on the temp of your slow cooker. (I found that 2.5 hours total time was perfect)
- Serve warm with delicious Salted Caramel Sauce!