I am all over easy-does-it snacks for my kiddos. I love when I find something that works. Two that my kids have been begging me to make again: Mocha Puppy Chow and Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels. Both of those are super easy too.
I’ve made these Easy Cream Cheese Roll-ups two ways. One… simply cream cheese with some sugar mixed in rolled up and lightly fried in olive oil. Very lightly… just enough to make the tortilla a light golden brown. Nice and pretty.
First, I mixed together cream cheese (a staple in our house) and a little bit of sugar. If you’re watching your sugar intake, you can always reduce the amount. Just add a tablespoon at a time, mix together and taste the mixture to make sure the sweetness works for you.
Alternatively, you could mix together a little sugar and cinnamon and dust it over the cream cheese once you’ve spread it out on the tortilla.
Plop the cream cheese mixture down onto the tortilla like so. Just plop it. And then spread it out nice and easy. Try to get as close to the edges as you can.
Two Ways to Enjoy:
- Plain Jane. Simple cream cheese with no extras. Serve as is or sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Berry filled. Add some strawberries and/or raspberries and proceed to roll it up.
I’ve made these Easy Cream Cheese Roll-ups both ways and asked my daughter which one she preferred. Her opinion: she loves both of them, but her favorite was the roll-up with just the cream cheese. She said she would love for me to make them both ways again.
Once you’ve added the filling, roll it up. Heat a small skillet with olive oil over medium low and fry the Easy Cream Cheese Roll-Ups on each side until lightly golden. It just takes a minute or so on each side, so be careful not to overcook.
Enjoy this easy peasy treat. It makes a great after-school treat, or even a nice breakfast option. It would make an excellent morning paring with a Sinfully Delicious Chocolate-Chip Yogurt Parfait.
What other ingredients would make a tasty addition to this cream cheese treat? Bananas? Nuts? Chocolate! Always chocolate.
What would you add?
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soften cream cheese and mix together with sugar.
- Divide cream cheese mixture and spread on to two tortillas and roll up tortillas.
- Add olive oil to skillet and fry tortillas over medium low heat until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from skillet.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over fried tortillas. Use as little or as much as you'd like.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Layered Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Ganache Filling - 2019/09/06
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - 2019/09/04
- Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe – Best Pumpkin Spice Dessert Recipe - 2019/08/24