Are you looking for the perfect watermelon tequila cocktail? Look no further, because this tequila watermelon drink is SO good!
Watermelon is such a refreshing fruit, and it is equally enjoyable in a tasty drink.
Spiced Watermelon Margarita
The flavors in this watermelon margarita are a bit of a happy accident. We’re talking watermelon and tequila combined into a perfect watermelon tequila drink.
Normally, we’d just use a basic simple syrup to lightly sweeten the concoction, but in this case we used had some lemongrass and ginger simple syrup that we like to have on hand from making a homemade “gourmet” lemonade.
We tried it and loved the results. However, we ended up removing the lemongrass from the final recipe so that the ginger could take center stage.
- 3 cups fresh seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks
- 2 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice – approximately 2 whole limes
- 4 ounces white tequila
- 2 ounes triple sec
- ginger simple syrup, to taste
- small watermelon wedges, for garnish (optional)
For the Rim:
- 3 tablespoons coarse, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder (optional)