Make Margarita Drink in Your Blender Baby
Whether you're celebrating Cinco de Mayo or sunning by the pool in summer, this Watermelon Margarita is what you want by your side. We're talking about a delicious sip of sunshine blended up and ready for a cheers to fun and friends.
Watermelon is one of the classic flavors of summer. And for good reason. Just look at how amazing these margaritas look.
Easy Watermelon Margarita Recipe
Is there any wonder why?
However, it has to be said that Audrey Johns does such an amazing job with this Watermelon Margarita recipe in her fabulous cookbook Lose Weight by Eating.
Flavored Margarita Recipes
Some tips for this recipe:
Be sure to get a seedless watermelon. You don’t want to be seeding the thing for hours--or worse, picking black dots from your drink.
Silver tequila is best so you won’t be tempted to add calories via sugar or agave. An average watermelon, a 750 mL bottle of tequila, and a standard bottle of Grand Marnier will make about sixty margaritas. The recipe below makes a four-margarita pitcher.
Make Margarita Drink
Freeze the rest of the watermelon in freezer bags (4 cups each) for instant margaritas any time. Make this easy recipe even easier: halve the watermelon and use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the watermelon—you can even get the kids to help here. Just be sure to scoop small balls of watermelon, not huge ones, or they won’t blend well.
Best Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- Watermelon Margaritas
- 4 cups watermelon cubes
- ¼ cup silver tequila
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- ½ lime cut into wedges (optional)
- Place the watermelon chunks in a large freezer-safe plastic container and freeze them completely, 3 to 5 hours.
- Add the frozen watermelon, tequila, and orange liqueur to a blender and blend until smooth. Divide among four glasses and serve with lime wedges.
- Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas: Use 4 cups frozen pineapple chunks and 1 or 2 seeded jalapenos in place of the watermelon.
- Strawberry Margaritas: Use 4 cups frozen strawberries, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (for sweetness and to cut the acid in the strawberries), and 1 teaspoon powdered sugar in place of the watermelon.
- Virgin Margaritas: Swap the tequila and orange liqueur with ½ cup organic lemon-lime soda.