Hibiscus Flower Health Benefits
This Hibiscus Lime Spritzer Cocktail includes hibiscus tea as an ingredient, which is a super healthy drink. You should be aware of hibiscus flower health benefits.
Health benefits of the hibiscus flower include:
- relief from high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- relief from digestive, immune system, and inflammatory problems
- assists in improvement of liver disease
- reduces the risk of cancer
- ability to speed up metabolism in a healthy manner
Agave Nutrition Facts
Agave comes from that plant that makes tequila. Hello, multi-purpose garden of gods!
The sweet nectar agave holds some fantastic health benefits as well. It can work as an anti-inflammatory, reduces appetite, and can reduce the likelihood of some forms of cancer.
Because of the type of fiber agave holds, it can also be beneficial in treatments for ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and irritable bowel syndrome. If you suffer from one of these colon diseases, it is definitely worthwhile to consider adding agave to your diet.
At the very least, you should invest some time researching the potential health benefits agave offers.
Foods with Health Benefits are Important
There are many foods with health benefits. You just need to know what they are.
You know the old saying, ‘You are what you eat.’?
Granted, we’re not likely to turn into an eggplant, avocado, or hibiscus flower–but we are likely to see the health benefits from eating foods that are healthy and helpful for us.
This Hibiscus Lime Spritzer from Agave in the Raw is a perfect example of incorporating foods that heal into the recipes we make. And the fact that it tastes good–well, that’s just bonus.
- 1 bag pure hibiscus tea
- 1 lime, quartered, plus lime wheel for garnish
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- ¾ ounce Agave In the Raw®
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Edible flowers for garnish, optional
InstructionsIn a heatproof jar, add tea bag and 4 ounces boiling water. Steep 5 minutes, remove tea bag, and chill completely. Juice 3 lime quarters into a Collins glass. Add remaining lime quarter, tequila, Agave In The Raw®, bitters, and mint. Muddle until lime is pulverized and mint is bruised. Add 1 cup ice and chilled hibiscus tea. Stir. Garnish with lime wheel, mint, and flowers if desired.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe - 2019/04/18
- Healthy Easy Sweet and Sour Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple and Peppers - 2019/04/17
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze - 2019/04/07