Hot Coco Joy is an incredible coconut milk hot chocolate that will warm you up and satisfy your chocolate cravings! By using coconut milk instead of regular milk, it’s perfect for those who are lactose intolerant. Read on for a sugar-free and low-carb option!
Move over, hot chocolate… this Hot Coco Joy recipe is Hot Chocolate 2.0! It has so many tasty ingredients you won’t find in “regular” hot chocolate, specifically three different coconut-based products: coconut milk, coconut water, and coconut oil.
Coconut-based products have a wonderful natural sweetness, so using all three lends such an amazing sweetness boost to this hot chocolate. Add some cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sea salt, and a bit of sugar, and you have yourself two unbelievably rich and creamy mugs of coconut milk hot chocolate!
(Note: If you would like a coconut milk hot chocolate that is free of added sweeteners, that’s easy to do. Just check out the How to Make Sugar-Free Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate section below!)
You don’t want to miss this tasty coconut milk hot chocolate drink. There are benefits coconut water has that are tremendous. Paired with coconut milk nutrition facts, you will be enjoying health benefits as you sip this delightful hot drink.
Coconut Milk Nutrition Facts
Coconut is a nutrition powerhouse! There are so many benefits to coconut milk as well as other coconut products such as coconut oil and coconut water. Here are a few amazing coconut milk nutrition facts:
- It can help improve cholesterol
- It can reduce the chances for strokes and heart attacks
- It helps build muscle
- It helps reduces fat
- It helps reduce fatigue
- It aids in digestion
Where Can I Buy Coconut Milk, Coconut Water, and Coconut Oil?
As with everything these days, it’s easiest to buy these products online. You can get my recommendations here:
- Coconut milk
- Coconut water
- Coconut oil
How to Make Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate
If you would like to make sugar-free coconut milk hot chocolate, you’re in luck: this recipe can be easily modified. Coconut milk, coconut water, and coconut oil all contain natural sugar, but no added sugar, so all you have to do is use a sugar-free sweetener instead of the 3 tbsp. sugar.
Stevia is a popular natural sweetener choice, or you can use something like Splenda. By using a calorie-free sweetener instead of sugar, you will save about 70 calories per serving of coconut milk hot chocolate.
How to Make Low-Carb Hot Chocolate
Another benefit of replacing the sugar is you make this into a low-carb hot chocolate. Without the sugar, each serving contains only 9.5 grams of net carbs because coconut products are naturally low in carbs.
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate
Finally, you can make this into spiked hot chocolate by adding 1/2 cup coconut rum to the recipe (1/4 cup coconut rum per serving). Yum!
As you can see, there are many ways to make this coconut milk hot chocolate recipe perfect for you.
More Coconut Recipes
For more coconut recipes, try No-Bake Pecan Coconut Clusters and Coconut Chocolate Pudding – Coconut Toasted to Perfection. Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ cup Coco Joy Coconut Milk; Divided
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup Coco Joy Coconut Water
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract Pinch of Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Coco Joy Coconut Oil
- In a small saucepan, whisk together cocoa powder, coconut sugar, salt, coconut oil and half of the coconut milk until well blended. Whisk in the remaining coconut milk until smooth, then whisk in coconut water until blended. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally. Whisk in vanilla. Divide between two mugs.
Add 1/2 cup of Coconut Rum to spike your hot chocolate!
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Layered Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Ganache Filling - 2019/09/06
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - 2019/09/04
- Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe – Best Pumpkin Spice Dessert Recipe - 2019/08/24