I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsMustard
Finally! It’s getting warm enough outdoors to enjoy a picnic. And finding tasty picnic recipes to make is something we always enjoy doing.
So, get your patio furniture dusted off, sweep off the deck and get ready to enjoy whatever you’re cooking up with a side of our yummy Loaded Baked Potato Salad.
Best Side Dishes for Picnics
One of our favorite side dishes to prepare for a spring or summer outside dinner is our Loaded Baked Potato Salad. It’s flavorful and so reminiscent of you got it…a loaded baked potato. We do put a little twist on the recipe that makes us savor each and every bite even more.
Yep…we add just a tiny bit of French’s Classic Yellow Mustard to the dressing for our potato salad and it kicks up the flavor perfectly. I’m a mustard lover, so any chance I have to add that delicious ingredient into a recipe, you can bet I’m going to take it. And the fact that it’s a 100% natural ingredient is another reason I love using this ingredient. It’s made from stone ground mustard seeds which bring that bright yellow that can easily add a little bit of color to all sorts of recipes.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Our Loaded Baked Potato Salad is made with 100% gluten-free ingredients. There are a lot of foods that are naturally gluten-free, and if you aren’t focused on being on a gluten-free diet, you probably wouldn’t even know that they are gluten-free.
Since my daughter has been on a gluten-free diet, looking for gluten-free ingredients is something that I am always aware of. Needless to say, most of the food that I cook now ends up being gluten-free. Not all of it, but definitely anything that she will be eating. Its so much easier that way.
Our Loaded Baked Potato Salad is really easy to make with just a few ingredients: russet potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream, French’s Classic Yellow mustard, green onions, and salt and pepper. See? Easy peasy.
Now, you could use either baked or boiled potatoes, but to get that baked potato taste you really should bake them.
Best Potato Salad Recipes
We love potato salad around here. I’m actually one of those people that can so easily dig into a bowl of leftover potato salad for breakfast. Um, yeah. Guilty. Whether it is this delicious Baked Potato Salad or the type of potato salad that I grew up with, which was made with potatoes, eggs, pickles mayo and mustard–chowing down on a dish of potato salad is comfort.
Fun fact–French’s is known for its iconic Classic Yellow mustard, but did you know that it also has a deliciously bold tasting Spicy Brown mustard AND a smooth & creamy Dijon? You better believe we’re going to be cooking up some more recipes using these tasty ingredients.
Quick tip–when you’re making this potato salad and you’re baking those potatoes, go ahead an cook your bacon in the oven too. It’s the only way we cook bacon anymore. It’s a game changer!Print
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (either baked or boiled), cut into small chunks–we like to leave the peels on, but this is optional
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 teaspoon French’s Yellow Mustard
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked to crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine potatoes and about 3/4 of the cheese, bacon and onions. Mix together and then add in the dressing mixture. Stir to combine well. Transfer into serving dish and top with remaining bacon, cheese and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Follow French’s on Facebook for more great recipe ideas!
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Colorful Rosemary Roasted Potatoes Recipe - 2017/06/21
- Spicy Easy Roasted Cauliflower – Side Dish Recipe - 2017/06/18
- Easy No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream – Homemade Ice Cream Goodness - 2017/06/15