Give these 5-ingredient no-bake cookies without peanut butter a try. An oat based cookie paired with decadent chocolate. These chocolate oatmeal cookies are so popular!
If you can’t have peanut butter, this no bake dessert might fit you perfectly. It takes no time to whip up a batch. So don’t wait, grab your ingredients and let’s get to it.
If you want a classic no bake cookie recipe with peanut butter, I have that as well. It is delicious as well and bursting with flavor.
This No Bake Cookies Recipe Is…
- Made without peanut butter
- 5 ingredients needed
- Quick and easy cookie recipe
- Kid friendly
- Freezer friendly
How to make No Bake Cookies
Full steps to this no bake cookie recipe is in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how to make this cookie.
- In a large pan you will heat over medium heat. Add in the butter, sugar, milk, and chocolate chips.
- Cook until it begins to bubble, stirring frequently.
- Then remove the chocolate from the stove and then stir in the oats, and mix until coated.
- Scoop the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and allow to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Helpful Tips For No Bake Cookies
The texture of the cookies will be a bit sticky and loose. But as they firm up they will firm up. So don't be worried about the texture.
Heavy Duty Pot
Using a heavy duty pot allows for an even cook on your cookie mixture. If you use a flimsy pot you will find it can create hot spots and overcook areas of the cookie mixture. Heavy duty pans allow for a nice even cook.
Variations for No Bake Cookies Without Peanut Butter
You can use semi sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, or a mix of semi sweet and milk chocolate. For a sweeter cookie reach for semi sweet. Or a lighter flavor use milk chocolate.
Quick oats work for this recipe, but if you want a chewier cookie reach for rolled oats. Traditional no bake cookies use quick oats. But on occasion I love adding rolled oats for a nice chewy texture.
Sweeten up the cookies just a bit by pouring in the vanilla extract right before you add the oats. Do ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
No Bake Cookies FAQs
Can I make no bakes without peanut butter?
You sure can make no bakes without peanut butter. This cookie recipe walks you through how to mix up these easy cookies. There is no need for peanut butter for a satisfying sweet cookie.
How to store no bake cookies?
You can store these cookies in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just place them in a sealed container or Ziploc style bag. Just remove as much air as you can to prevent cookies from drying out.
Can you freeze these no bake cookies?
Go right ahead and freeze any cookies you don't plan to eat right away. If you plan to stack cookies I recommend placing wax paper between layers to prevent the cookies from sticking together. Then freeze for 3-4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, and then enjoy.
No Bake Cookies Without Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 ½ cups oats
- In a large pan, add the sugar, butter, milk, and chocolate chips.
- Melt over medium heat until just starting to bubble, stirring frequently
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat, then stir in the oats.
- Stir until all oats are coated evenly.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten into cookie shape
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
They should be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days