No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are Super Simple to Make!
Peanut butter no bake cookies recipe
Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies are amazingly easy and inexpensive to make. I couldn’t believe how simple and delicious they were, and I didn’t even have to turn on the oven!
Adapted from Food.com. The original recipe called for twice as much sugar (of course it didn’t use chocolate chips either) and at one cup my version was plenty sweet. Next time I might reduce it to only 3/4 cup of sugar.
Instead of running to the store for one or two ingredients, see if there is something you can substitute it for. You will not only be saving on the 1-2 items you needed for the recipe, but the countless other things that might seem appealing at the store. Case in point with this recipe… I didn’t have cocoa powder or quite enough quick oats. I used chocolate chips and ended up throwing in 1/2 cup of non-quick oats to get the job done. The no bake peanut butter cookie recipe turned out GREAT and we will be make it (or another version depending on what we have on hand) again soon.Print
No Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups oatmeal (I used quick oats)
- Mix first 6 ingredients on stove top over low heat until melted together. Mix in 3 cups of oatmeal and stir until mixed. You can add a little more oatmeal if you want. 3 cups worked perfectly for me. In spoonfuls, drop cookies on wax paper to cool and firm up.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Best Coleslaw Recipe for Good Summer Meals - 2017/07/25
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe – Thanksgiving Side Dishes - 2017/07/21
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe – With Several Pasta Types - 2017/07/20