Did you know it takes only 3 ingredients to make these strawberry cake mix cookies. A soft baked strawberry cookie that is melt in your mouth delicious. Whip these up for an easy dessert for after dinner, bake sale, cookie swap, or after school snack.
These Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Are...
- Easy Recipe
- Cake Mix Dessert
- 3 Ingredients
- Freezer Friendly
How to Make Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Heat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until the ingredients are fully blended.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool and enjoy.
Tools Needed for Cookies
You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer or a whisk. You will want to mix up the cookies until the ingredients are mixed well. Don't overmix the batter of the cookies.
Silicone Baking Mat
Consider a silicone baking mat to create a nonstick surface for your cookies. This can be used in replace of parchment paper or cooking spray.
Consider using a cooling rack to place the cookies while it cools. This is a great way to ensure the cookies cool on both sides.
Helpful Tips for Success
Evenly Sized Cookies
Make sure to use a cookie scoop that way your cookies are evenly baked. Otherwise you will find the cookies can get done at different times as they bake and you will get unevenly cooked cookies.
Don't Over Bake Cookies
Make sure to watch the cookies in the oven as they bake. If you overbake the cookies they will become dry and a little crispy on the outsides.
Variations to Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Flavor of Cake
You can use any flavor of cake you would like. Feel free to swap it with a vanilla, chocolate, lemon, and more. Whip up the cookies with the same ingredients.
Roll In Powdered Sugar
Roll the cookies in powdered sugar before you bake the cookies. You will then place the cookies on the cookie sheet and bake as directed.
Dip in Chocolate
With the cooled cookies you can dip in melted chocolate or drizzle chocolate over the cookies. This will give you a tasty chocolate dipped cookie recipe.
Chocolate or Nuts
Mix in chocolate chips, nuts, chopped cookies and more. You are welcome to mix in ⅓ cup to ½ cup of mix-ins to create a delicious flavor to the cookies.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies FAQs
How long do cake mix cookies last?
Cake mix cookies can last for several days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can you freeze cake mix cookies?
They can also be frozen for up to 3 months if stored in a freezer-safe container or bag. Then when you want to thaw on the counter at room temperature for about an hour before serving.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz box strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until well incorporated.
- Scoop tablespoon balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Allow 2” space between each ball of cookies for spreading. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies look set.
- Let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes on the pan.
- Then transfer to a cooling rack.