Have you tried this Lucky Charms cookie recipe yet? These are a delicious homemade sugar cookie that is studded with white chocolate chips and Lucky Charms marshmallows. It is safe to say these cookies are "magically delicious" just like the cereal!
Whether you are looking for a St. Patrick's day themed cookie or just a rainbow dessert, you have to try these cookies. These cookies also make a great dessert for pride week.
These Lucky Charm Cookies Are...
- Made from scratch
- Uses Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Easy to make
- Freezer friendly cookies
- Great for parties and events
How to Make
- Beat together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add dry ingredients together.
- Using a spatula or your hands, fold in ¾ of the white chocolate chips and about ¾ of the marshmallows, being careful not to crush the marshmallows.
- Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scooper or spoons to form balls of dough that are about 1 ½ tablespoons each.
- Bake as directed, and then allow the cookies to cool, and serve and enjoy.
Helpful Tools for Success
You will want to use a hand mixer or stand mixer for this recipe. It is going to create that creamy texture to the cookies you will want.
Using a cookie scoop is a must as it is going to create cookies that are even in shape and size. So that when you go to bake the cookies they will bake evenly.
Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mats
Use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking to the cookie sheet.
Variations for Recipe
Leave out the white chocolate chips, or swap with milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, etc. Feel free to try out a different flavor of chocolate to alter the flavor.
I used this homemade cookie recipe but you can use store bought dough and then just press some of the marshmallows on top of the dough when you go to bake.
FAQs for Lucky Charms Cookies
Why should we not refrigerate the cookies too long?
If you refrigerate the dough too long you will find it begins to break down the marshmallows too much. So only refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
How to store cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Just make sure the cookies are fully cooled before you place in the container.
Can you freeze the Lucky charm cookies?
You can freeze the cookies if you would like. Just know that the marshmallows will soften quite a bit once they are thawed from being frozen. But overall the flavor of the cookies will be delicious.
Lucky Charms Cookies
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer (optional)
- Rubber spatula
- 1.5 tbs cookie scooper
- 2 cookie pans
- Cookie spatula
- Cooling rack
- Using an electric mixer or spatula, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Then, add into the dough in 3 additions, making sure to mix until just incorporated.
- Using a spatula, or your hands, mix in¾ of the white chocolate chips and about ¾ of the marshmallows. Be careful not to crush the marshmallows.
- Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. Do not chill for longer than an hour because you don’t want the lucky charms to start breaking down from the moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scooper or spoons to make balls about 1 ½ tbs.
- Place cookies on the pan, leaving 2-3” for spread. Press in white chocolate chips into the tops of the cookie balls, but do NOT put the marshmallows on yet. (they will brown and not look very pretty if you put them in now!)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. For chewy cookies, you want to pull them out just when they start turning slightly brown around the edges. If you like crunchier cookies, you can leave them in for a bit longer.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.