These Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries are perfectly crispy and hot from the oven! This tasty snack or side dish is served with a creamy avocado ranch dipping sauce that makes it almost irresistible.
In this Article:
These zucchini fries are healthier than regular French fries, but they’re just as delicious. They come out of the oven perfectly crispy too!
Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries are super simple to make. You just cut up the zucchini into sticks, dip them into two different bowls of mixed ingredients, and pop them into the oven!
This is the perfect, healthy side dish for any occasion! Serve these fries alongside some cauliflower nuggets and you have a full—healthy—fast food feast!
This Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries recipe is...
- Ready in 30 minutes
- An easy side dish, snack, or appetizer
How to Make Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- Cut the zucchini in half and then into thin pieces.
- Whisk together the eggs and water.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Dip each zucchini slice into the egg mixture, and then coat it with the breadcrumb mixture. Place each zucchini slice on the baking sheet.
Full directions on how to make Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips & Tricks
Don’t Peel the Zucchini
I recommend leaving the skin on your zucchini for this recipe. The skin will keep your fries from falling apart when they're tender.
Mix up the Dip
I made a delicious avocado ranch dressing to serve alongside these fries. But you can experiment with your own favorite dressings or dipping sauces. These veggie fries would be especially good with a delicious homemade aioli!
Make it Vegan
If you want to make a vegan version of this recipe, you can substitute the parmesan cheese for a vegan parmesan.
To make your own vegan parmesan, add ¾ cups of raw cashews, 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, ¾ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoons garlic powder to your food processor and pulse until you have a fine meal.
You'll also want to replace the eggs with aquafaba, which is the liquid from a can of chickpeas. Use 3 tablespoons in place of one egg.
For the dipping sauce, try out a vegan dressing like this Vegan Ranch.
Make it Gluten-Free
If you follow a gluten-free diet, be sure to check out these Gluten Free Baked Zucchini Sticks instead!
Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries FAQs
Which is healthier, French fries or fried zucchini?
Zucchini fries—being lower in carbohydrates and higher in fiber—are far healthier than French fries. And these zucchini fries are even healthier because they’re baked rather than fried!
What is good to eat with fried zucchini?
Dipping sauce goes great with fried zucchini! The avocado ranch dipping sauce in this recipe is totally delicious, but these fries go well with any creamy dip. Try a spicy mayo or creamy jalapeno dressing for a twist!
Eat these zucchini fries as a healthy snack, or serve them as a side dish alongside a tasty salad or sandwich.
Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- 3 zucchini large
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 avocado mashed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp dill dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley dried
- 1 tsp lime juice
- a pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the zucchini in half and into thin pieces.
- Whisk the eggs and water together until completely combined.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl.
- Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil or butter spray.
- Dip a zucchini slice in the egg mixture, drain the slices, coat it in the bread crumb mixture, and place it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the zucchini slices.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving to allow the salt, garlic, and onion powder to dissolve.