With the super bowl, graduations, birthday parties and other events coming up soon, it’s time to get your shopping list together of what dishes you need. You need a dip, so this tangy onion dip is a must make.
tangy onion dip
Making your own dip is easy to do. This recipe should be made in advance so that the flavors can incorporate into the mix.
When making the dip, use medium sized onions. They are the perfect amount of onion you need for this recipe.
This onion dip can be served with chips or crackers.
The recipe takes about 20 minutes to make and makes about 3-4 cups of dip.
Tangy Onion Dip
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Peel the skins from the onions and half or quarter them and place into your food processor and chop until finely chopped.
- Heat a pan and put the olive oil in it and then saute the onions until translucent (mine turned a little yellow)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While the onions are cooling, place the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Once the onions are cooled add into the bowl and stir and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the mix to sit overnight so the flavors release.
- Serve and enjoy.