Slow cooker meals are an essential ingredient to busy lives everywhere. As in, life is so much easier when you can toss a bunch of ingredients into a pot and let it simmer all day long. Not to mention the pleasant aroma that a slow cooker can give off with the right food and seasonings.
White Chicken Chili is gold.
We’re talking about a healthy mix of white beans, chicken and seasonings that is healthful and delicious. We like adding in all the seasonings so we can make this chili gluten free.
Soups and chili at are house are the norm on a cold winter day, and up here in Wisconsin we have quite a few of those. Among my favorites are Game Day Chili and Bountiful Beef Stew, but I’m also loving this chicken chili… and it photographs so well, thanks to food photography tips I learned. The best part about this chicken chili? You can throw it all together before you go to work or out for the day and it’s raring to go when you get home. Can’t get much better than that! Looking for more crockin meals?
Crockin White Chicken ChiliPrint
Crockin White Chicken Chili
- 1 pound chicken boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cans Great Northern or navy beans
- 10 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cilantro and sour cream are perfect toppings for this tasty chili alternative
- Drain and rinse beans, and then place them in the crockpot followed by the rest of the ingredients. Stir to mix. Lay chicken on the top of the chili and and let cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8 hours. Before serving, remove chicken and shred. Top with cilantro and sour cream and serve. Enjoy!