This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is packed with flavor from tender chicken, white beans, green chilis, and lots of spice. It's a simple crock pot recipe that's perfect for an easy weeknight meal!
In this Article:
Slow cooker meals are an essential ingredient to busy lives everywhere. Life is so much easier when you can simply toss a bunch of ingredients into a pot and let it simmer all day long.
This White Chicken Chili is gold.
Seriously - it is bound to be your new favorite crock pot meal. We're talking about a hearty mix of white beans, chicken and flavorful seasonings that is healthy and delicious too.
This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is:
- Hearty and flavorful.
- Packed with healthy protein from chicken and beans.
- An easy weeknight dinner idea.
- Super family friendly.
And the best part about this chili recipe? You can throw it all together before you go to work for the day and it's ready to go when you get home. Can't get much better than that!
Tips & Tricks
Slow Cooker. Obviously, you'll need a slow cooker for this recipe. I actually use the slow cooker setting on my instant pot. But you can use a traditional slow cooker too. And if you don't have a slow cooker - check out this stovetop white chicken chili instead!
Green enchilada sauce. This is sort of the secret ingredient in this white chicken chili. Using a store bought enchilada sauce is what makes this recipe so incredibly simple - just dump and go! I like this brand of green enchilada sauce.
Diced green chilis. I recommend using a canned variety of green chilies for maximum convenience here. These Hatch chilis are a very reliable choice!
White beans. I used great northern beans in my chili, but you could also use cannellini beans. I find that the great northern beans hold up better to slow cooking. But the cannellini beans will have a creamier texture.
Toppings. Toppings are essential to any good bowl of chili! Cilantro, sour cream, and avocado are my personal favorites. You can also try tortilla chips for extra crunch!
Serving Ideas. This chili makes a great meal on it's own. But you can serve it up with some crusty bread or tortilla chips for a heartier meal.
If you love this white chicken chili, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
- Best Chili Recipes on the Internet
- 40+ Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas
- Browse Our Latest Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker (or Instant Pot)
- 1 pound chicken boneless chicken breasts
- 30 oz Great Northern beans or navy/cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce canned
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces green chilis canned, diced
- ½ onion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons white pepper or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sour Cream
- Avocado diced
- Add the beans to the slow cooker. Add all of the other ingredients, except for the chicken breasts. Stir to mix.
- Lay the chicken over top of the chili mixture.
- Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8 hours.
- Before serving, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it into bite sized pieces. Mix into the rest of the chili.
- Top with avocado, cilantro and sour cream. Serve.
Leave a Comment