This White Chicken Chili is rich and creamy, and loaded with flavor from garlic, white beans, and spicy green chilis. It's an easy weeknight meal that's ready in just 30 minutes!
This recipe and article were contributed by Cara, from The Helpmates.
And chili is what I'll be sharing with you today. A flavorful, creamy white chicken chili to be more specific.
This Creamy White Chicken Chili is:
- Rich, creamy, and delicious.
- An easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
- Ready in 30 minutes!
This recipe, like most stews and chilis, is a very forgiving one. So don't stress out if you need to add or take away a few things. It will almost certainly taste delicious even with a few swaps!
Tips & Tricks
Make it in the Slow Cooker. Sautee the onions and garlic first, then toss all the ingredients (except for the dairy) into your slow cooker and let it cook slowly all day long. Stir in the sour cream and heavy cream just a few minutes before serving. We also have a Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili that you might enjoy!
Make it a Freezer Meal. This recipe is a good one to add to your freezer friendly collection. When preparing specifically for the freezer, I don't even sauté my onions first. I just combine all ingredients (except for the sour cream and heavy whipping cream) into one gallon sized freezer bag. Then mix the sour cream and heavy whipping cream together into another freezer bag. Suck all the air out that you can, lay the bags flat and freeze. Defrostthe in fridge, then follow the instructions above when you're ready to enjoy!
Adjust the spice level. This chili has a little kick, but it's not overwhelming by any stretch. For more spice, you can increase the cayenne pepper or add some sliced jalapenos.
Toppings. I know I said the garnishes are optional, but really... you should do it. At least the extra dollop of sour cream! A sprinkle of cheese or fresh herbs is also a nice touch.
If you love this white chicken chili, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- 15+ Best Chili Recipes
- 40+ Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili
- Lone Star Texas Chili
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
- 16 oz green chilies canned, chopped, about 4 small cans
- 60 oz great northern white beans canned, drained & rinsed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sour cream
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large chili pot over med-low heat. Sauté the onions & garlic.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot except for the sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy whipping cream.
- Garnish and serve.