Serve up this crowd-pleasing 5-Minute Black Bean Salad for a satisfying fresh meal! Black beans, corn, avocado, onion, tomatoes, and more are all combined into one simple bean salad.
This black bean salad is a wonderful dish to serve up any night of the week. It's also a perfect dish to bring to your next potluck or summer cookout.
This 5-Minute Black Bean Salad recipe is...
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Made with light & fresh ingredients
- Combined with a creamy sauce
- Naturally gluten-free
- A delicious side dish for dinner or a potluck
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I'm whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don't forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make 5-Minute Black Bean Salad
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn.
- Place in a bowl and add onion, avocado, and tomatoes. Mix.
- Then add in the mayo, salt, lime juice, and oil, and combine.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Full directions for how to make 5-Minute Black Bean Salad are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips & Tricks for 5-Minute Black Bean Salad
Dice Ingredients Similar Size
Make sure to dice the onion and avocado into similarly sized pieces. That way, when you go to eat your salad, all the veggies are similar in size. This improves the texture of the salad as you eat it and ensures you get the full effect of the flavors all at once.
When you are working with black beans, it is important to rinse them well in cold water before using them in your salad. Pour the canned beans into a strainer and then pour the cold water over the top.
Canned beans are packaged in a thick sauce that needs to be washed away before you mix in the other salad ingredients.
Variations to 5-Minute Black Bean Salad
Fresh Corn On The Cob
Consider grilling your corn on the cob, and then slicing it off and into your salad. The grilled corn will add a ton of flavor to this black bean salad.
Add in a diced jalapeño for added flavor or spice. If you want to make the salad spicier, keep the seeds and membrane in your salad. Otherwise, remove the seeds and membrane, rinse the jalapeños, and then dice them up.
Chili flakes are another spicy way to add more flavor to the salad. Add ½–1 teaspoon for added spice. It will add an incredible flavor to your salad.
Rotel for Tomatoes
If you do not have fresh tomatoes to slice up, reach for a can of Rotel instead. Rotel is the combination of diced tomatoes with green chilis. If using Rotel, drain off the liquid from the can, then toss in the salad.
5-Minute Black Bean Salad FAQs
How do you serve black bean salad?
You can serve this salad as a side dish, or use it to fill a pita or a lettuce wrap. This refreshing, creamy salad even works great as a main dish.
How long will this salad last?
Due to the avocado in the salad, it will only last for 1–2 days in the fridge. The avocado will begin to turn brown after being removed from the pit.
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you're at it, share a picture on Instagram with #allshecooks so we can see how your recipe turned out!
5-Minute Black Bean Salad with Corn and Avocado
- 15 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned yellow corn drained, or fresh corn kernels
- 1 red onion medium, chopped
- 2 avocados ripe, chopped
- 3 tomatoes medium, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1 tsp salt
- cilantro leaves fresh, chopped, for garnish
- Combine the black beans, corn, red onion, avocado, and tomatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt, lime juice, and oil. Mix well.
- Serve salad sprinkled with fresh cilantro.
- For additional spice, you can add red chili flakes or smoked paprika to your salad.
- This salad is also delicious served in lettuce wraps or pita bread.