Homemade rolls are one of my favorite things. And garlic knots are one of my favorite rolls. The best store-bought rolls still aren’t going to be quite as good as homemade. The only problem is making rolls can be time-consuming.
Especially around the holidays’ things can be busy and the last thing you want to do is spend hours making rolls. A great alternative is a non-yeast roll. They take much less time since you don’t have to knead them or wait for them to rise. And you still end up with warm, delicious rolls.
Even garlic knots can be made in a quick and easy way, without any yeast. They are made using a biscuit dough made from a baking mix. They take very little time to make but still have the delicious garlic butter taste of a garlic knot.
I love to take rolls to gathers with friends and family. Everyone loves a good homemade roll and with this garlic knot recipe, you can make them even for last minute gatherings.
How to Make Easy Garlic Knots
The first thing you need for these rolls is a baking mix. You can use something like Bisquick or make your own. Making your own is very simple and can be done ahead of time so you already have it on hand. You can find my baking mix recipe on my blog.
I like to make my own baking mix because it’s so easy and you have control over the quality of the ingredients. I almost always have some made up in the fridge so I can make things like these garlic knots in no time.
Once you have your baking mix, you will basically be making biscuit dough by mixing it with milk. You’ll also want to make some garlic butter, because what are garlic knots without garlic butter? And throw some fresh Parmesan in there because everything is better with cheese.
You then roll the dough into snakes. Once you have your snakes you can tie the dough into knots.
And then you want to coat them with the garlic butter and put them into the preheated oven.
When the garlic knots come out you put more garlic butter on them and serve them warm. You may want to double this recipe because they are going to go fast!
These easy garlic knots also reheat very well. I like to make these for my husband and I and we will eat them with a couple of meals.
I store them in the fridge and just pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to warm them back up. They are best straight out of the oven but still very good the next day.
Easy Garlic Knots
- 1 cup homemade biscuit mix or Bisquick
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Mix the baking mix and milk. If the dough is too sticky to work with add a bit more baking mix.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a 5-inch rope and tie into a knot, tuck in the ends.
- Place the knots onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, parmesan, garlic powder, parsley and salt.
- Brush the knots with about half of the garlic butter.
- Place into oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brushed the knots with remaining garlic butter. Serve warm.