Mediterranean-Style Baked Cod en Papillote
Baked Cod recipes are something you want to have on hand when you decide to eat healthier and cut down on the red meat in your diet.
Not only is baked cod healthier for you, but it is amazing in that it is so simple to flavor. Cod is a type of fish that is easy to cook for absolutely anyone- from novice to someone who is skilled in the kitchen.
This recipe calls for basil pesto.
Now, you can make your own…which we highly recommend, or you can buy basil pesto. We prefer to make pesto in our kitchen using the mortar and pestle method, which results in a much more flavorful pesto than one made in a food processor.
Here is a quick and healthy weeknight dinner that is absolutely full of flavor. As an added bonus, clean up could not be any easier!
You’ll love how easy it is to cook baked cod recipes. And if you like this one as much as we do, you’ll want to check out this cookbook that is all about cooking easy fish recipes.
- 4 5-6 oz. cod fillets
- grape tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Pesto
- salt and pepper, to taste
Servings: 4, Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut parchment paper into 4 large squares (approximately 12” x 12”).
- On a flat surface, place a cod fillet on one square, positioning it toward the bottom center of the paper. Sprinkle the cod with salt and pepper. Top the fillet with sliced tomatoes and a drizzle of pesto.
- Fold the parchment paper in half and seal the bottom edge by tightly folding where the two halves come together. Repeat on each side.
- Set the sealed pack on lined baking sheet and repeat process with remaining 3 cod fillets. When finished, place baking sheet in pre-heated oven on center rack and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.