These grilled salmon kebabs are easy to make for a quick weeknight dinner. Packed with flavor from homemade teriyaki sauce and fresh veggies, and ready in under 30 minutes!
In this Article:
These grilled salmon kebabs are one of the most frequently repeated recipes in our house! They're loaded with delicious flavor, packed with healthy veggies, and easy enough to make on a weeknight.
These grilled salmon kebabs are:
- Quick & easy.
- Ready in 30 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
The variety of salmon you use can make a big difference in flavor! I used Scottish Salmon for this recipe, which is higher in fat and less oily than other varieties. Norwegian Salmon is also a great choice.
If you're using wooden skewers like me, give them a quick soak in some water for a few minutes before loading them up. This will help ensure the sticks don't get charred on the grill! I use these wooden skewers.
Chop your salmon and veggies into larger than bite sized pieces. Think "two bite" sized. If the pieces are too small, they tend to fall of the skewers on the grill.
You can use any veggies you like for these kebabs. I used zucchini, bell peppers, and red onion. Other good choices are summer squash, shiitake mushrooms, or even grape tomatoes. You could even add some halloumi cheese!
Any marinade would work just fine with this base recipe. The homemade teriyaki sauce is light and flavorful. But you could also use a barbecue sauce or vinaigrette for a completely different flavor profile. Or top the skewers with a fresh chimichurri sauce.
More Tasty Recipes
If you love these grilled salmon skewers, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
Grilled Salmon Kebabs
- 1 lb salmon cut into large chunks
- 6 oz pineapple about ⅓ of a fresh pineapple, chopped into large chunks
- 1 red onion medium, cut into large pieces
- 1 bell pepper medium, any color, cut into large pieces
- 1 zucchini medium, cut into large chunks
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the teriyaki marinade. Whisk to combine, and set aside. Heat the grill.
- Assemble the skewers. On each wooden skewer, thread several pieces of salmon, pineapple, bell pepper, zucchini and onion. You can use more or less skewers as needed.
- Brush the teriyaki marinade onto the salmon kebabs, coating all of the salmon and veggies. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Place the salmon kebabs on the hot grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once, or until salmon is just cooked through and veggies are slightly tender. Brush occasionally with extra marinade.
- Remove skewers from the grill (carefully!). Brush with extra marinade, if desired. Serve with the lime wedges and cilantro.
Leave a Comment