This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
Want to look like a pro in the kitchen with a stress-free recipe that is perfect to serve at your next party? Our Beef Empanadas with Mexican Salad are the perfect easy dinner solution.
Beef Hand Pies – Mexican Food Flavored
We used the same yummy dough recipe that we uses in our Beef Pasties to make these tasty empanadas. It’s a simple, 3 ingredient crust recipe that is easy to whip up in about 5 minutes. The trick to a perfect pie crust is to let the dough chill out in the fridge for about an hour. You want it to be nice and cold so it is easy to roll out.
Flavored with Hunt’s Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes
We kept our ingredient list very short when making our beef empanadas, because why make a recipe that tastes great complicated? The most difficult thing you’ll have to do is make the dough, and if you’re using a mixer or food processor–most of the work is done for you.
Using products like ConAgra Hun’ts Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes not only makes cooking faster and easier, but they are perfect for creating delicious Mexican inspired meals.
Cut rolled out dough into eight pieces. Brown ground beef, and then add in some taco seasoning and diced tomatoes. Divide ground beef mixture between dough pieces and then fold over and press together.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
You can serve these Beef Empanadas up for dinner or put them on a party menu. Either way, they’ll be a hit.
Pair empanadas up with our Mexican Salad using fresh produce and dinner is healthy, simple, and delicious.
Did you know you can REGROW lettuce?
If you haven’t tried this kitchen hack, it is a must do! I’ve tried it myself with both Romaine lettuce and celery and it works! Simply cut off the bottom couple inches of the lettuce (or celery), put it in a glass or jar of water, and watch it grow back! Then, you can transplant it into a windowsill container garden or into your outside garden.
Regrowing lettuce in jars, kitchen hack:
Easy Dinner Solutions
Making dinner doesn’t have to be complicated when you use products that are specifically designed to make life a bit easier. It’s for this reason that I love using products like bagged lettuce and canned diced tomatoes. They are fresh tasting ingredients that taste good and are good for you.
I picked up the ingredients for our Beef Empanadas and Mexican Salad while shopping at Walmart. Canned tomatoes are one of those ingredients I like to always have on hand because I use them in a lot of recipes.
Looking for something easy to make for dinner tonight?
Trust me–this recipe is delicious!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for rolling dough
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 pound ground beef 90% lean, browned
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 14.5 ounce can Hunts Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour and shortening in a mixer or food processor. Drizzle in water slowly and dough will start to bind together. Once dough has formed a ball-like consistency, remove from mixer or food processor. Place dough in refrigerator and chill for one hour before rolling out dough.
- Brown beef and then add in diced tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Divide dough into 2 parts and then roll out each onto a flour surface. Divide each dough ball into four.
- Divide filling between the 8 sections and then fold over, pressing edges together with thumb or gently folding the edge over and pressing together.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Check out more Mexican inspired recipes here!