Original Pasties Recipe for Elegant Entertaining
Think meat and potatoes wrapped in a flaky crust, beef pasties recipe are among the best meat and potatoes recipes. Most original pasties recipes have that in common, but nearly all have some variance of meat mixed with root vegetables, and all are baked in a piecrust-like dough that contributes to a pasties mouth-watering flavor.
This beef pasties recipe is so good!
Paired up with a bottle of Gloria Ferrer Pinot Noir and you have the table set for a night of elegant entertaining. This Pinot Noir pairs great alongside many dishes like duck breast, grilled lamb and roasted quail, and also compliments a simpler dish like this Irish meat pie recipe for beef pasties by adding a level of flavor to an already endearing dish.
Gloria Ferrer Wines
Gloria Ferrer Pinot Noir is earthy and brambly, emitting aromas of black cherry, cedar, and spice with a smooth mouthfeel and long finish. And considering that Gloria Ferrer wines have earned over 400 gold medals and 50 90+ scores in the last 5 years, that long finish is worth it’s weight in gold.
Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards was the first sparkling wine house in Sonoma Carneros and is owned and founded by the Ferrer family of Spain. It is actually named for José Ferrer’s wife, Gloria, which is beautiful piece of history. Gloria Ferrer produce estate grown still and sparkling wines tat rival some of the world’s finest.
Recipe Meat for Potato and Pie
Meat and potatoes together are a classic food combination. It’s even come so far as being referred to as a type of food. While its’ not a food group in it’s own right, I’d wager that there are those who would argue that fact.
And wine. Give me a nice smooth wine with dinner any day of the week. Just a glass to enjoy my meal with–that is all. There is just something that makes nearly every meal taste better with a nice glass of wine. Like our meat hand pie recipes, which is another way to describe beef and vegetable pasties, because if you wanted to, picking this meat and potato stuff pastry is something that works quite well when you’re grabbing leftovers on the go.
Recipe for Meat and Potato Pie (aka pasty)
This recipe is really easy to prepare: ground beef, potato, carrots, onion and garlic. Toss in some dried oregano and pepper and the filling is ready. You’ll want to prepare the dough about an hour before you’re planning to bake the pasties, because rolling out chilled dough works best.
Easy Dinner Ideas Done Right
How to make pie crust dough is easier than you might think. The simple rule when it comes to making pie crust is to chill the dough for an hour prior to rolling it out. You simply can’t do anything functional with room temperature dough, so rather than waste time trying, make sure to factor in time for your dough to chill.
Beef Pasties Recipe
Adapted from Cooking Channel.
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling dough
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large russet potato, cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, whipped for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour and shortening in a mixer or food processor. Drizzle in water slowly and dough will start to bind together. Once dough has formed a ball-like consistency, remove from mixer or food processor. Place dough in refrigerator and chill for one hour before rolling out dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine beef, carrots, potato, onions, garlic and seasonings.
- Separate dough into 6 even pieces and form into balls. Roll out each piece of dough onto lightly floured surface. Keep others cold before rolling out each into an 8-inch circle. Divide filling evenly between the 6 pastries. Fold dough over into a half-moon shape and crimp edges of dough with fork or fingers. Cut a few small slits into each pastry to allow steaming while in the oven. Brush with egg wash and bake at 350 for an hour and fifteen minutes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.