We love a good fried chicken recipe as much as the next person. This Copycat Planet Hollywood Cap’n Crunch Chicken is so good, you’ll want to make it up at home.
Serve it up with Creole Mustard Sauce like they do at Planet Hollywood. Make your own, or buy the sauce and pretend like you did. We won’t tell. You can also mix things up and use a variety of sauces.
We happen to LOVE chicken nuggets and chicken strips with Famous Dave’s bbq sauce, but you better believe we enjoyed some of it with the delish mustard sauce as well.
Some secrets are so shocking that when you figure them out you are dumbfounded. This is one of those times. But, have some trust, the recipe turns out super delicious and you don’t realize it’s cereal in there. Seriously– this Captain Crunch cereal in a fried chicken coating. You’ll never make chicken the old way again.
Love Chicken- You’ll Want to Try These Amazing Chicken Recipes
We love chicken as much as the next person. In fact, we could probably eat it every day if someone else was cooking for us. Because lets face it, food just tastes better when you don’t have to clean up after all the cooking.
Copycat Cap’n Crunch Chicken
The spices blend to perfection and make your mouth super happy. Your family will call you a genius if you make this for dinner. They’ll beg for it later, so be prepared.
Since you love chicken recipes about as much as we do–maybe even more–you’ll absolutely salivate over all the recipes in our favorite Chicken recipe cookbook. We’re talking about awe-inspiring recipes that will give you several ideas of recipes to try. All kinds of yum!
Copycat Planet Hollywood Cap’n Crunch Chicken
- Chicken Crunch Mixture
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour all-purpose
- 25 to 30 chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons onion granulated
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 3 tablespoons garlic granulated
- Creole mustard sauce recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup hot mustard
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
Chicken Crunch Mixture
- Grind cereals until crumbly in food processor, leaving some chunks a bit bigger than most.
- Using a shallow pan, spread crumbled cereal mix.
- Combine flour, onion, garlic and pepper in a bowl.
- Combine the eggs and milk in another bowl.
- Thoroughly dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- Dip floured chicken in egg mixture, coating evenly.
- Dredge coated chicken in cereal mixture, coating well.
- Arrange on wax paper.
- In deep fryer, preheat oil to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once oil is heated to desired temperature, deep fry chicken in batches until golden brown, about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Serve with spicy Creole Mustard Sauce.
Creole Mustard Sauce
- Combine green onions, horseradish, garlic, red wine vinegar, onion, water, celery, cider vinegar, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, hot mustard, salt, cayenne pepper, and yellow mustard.
- Mix well.
- Serve on the side with the chicken.
- Adapted from: Best Copycat Restaurant Recipes