Perfect Dinner to Share with Friends
Scrumptious Summer Chicken Salad Sandwiches. What better way to enjoy the summer with friends–sharing their company, catching up, laughing and having good food?
When we serve these chicken salad sandwiches, everyone loves them. Recipes that get such rave reviews are always a winner to have on hand!
The trick to these quick chicken salad sandwiches is simply a store-bought rotisserie chicken. Or, if you have a home rotisserie, you can do it yourself. Just imagine smelling that delicious chicken cooking all day. It would be such an amazing flavor to have wafting around in the air all day.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches for the Win
Simply refrigerated the rotisserie chicken until cold and then took all the meat off the bones. Once that was done, put it all on a cutting board and chopped it up a bit.
Other ingredients used: red onion, celery, and either black or red seedless grapes. We use black seedless grapes for this recipe and quarter them. They taste so sweet and are the perfect compliment to the ground mustard, pepper and salt used to spice up the chicken salad. Mix it all together with mayo (the kind that has olive oil) and refrigerate it for about an hour. Perfection!
What’s your favorite summer sandwich?
Scrumptious Summer Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup quartered black or red seedless grapes
- 1 cup mayo (I used the variety with olive olive)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Refrigerate rotisserie chicken until cold. Take chicken meat off the bones and chop up in chunks. Mix together with chopped celery, seedless grapes, onion and almonds. Add mayo in and stir together. Season with salt, pepper and ground mustard, and mix together again.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Grilled Pork Pineapple Kabobs - 2017/05/28
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cake with Strawberry Topping - 2017/05/25