Coconut Pecan Bites are out of this world. The sweet pecan flavor reminds me of divinity without all the hassle.
Sometimes I just get a craving for something sweet. You know? Like my love affair with Hot n Gooey Cinnamon Toast Sandwich. Especially when I’m doing my daily updates on Facebook or Google + (and oh yeah, if you’re not following me at either of those places, go head on over there now!) and I see all the sweets my blogging friends have posted from around the worldwide web.
So, when I saw the Almond Joy Bites that Will Cook for Smiles created, I knew I had to create something that would rock the socks off, well… anyone who loves coconut.
Which I figure to be roughly half of the world if you use my household as a model. Half of us love it. The other half can’t stand it. Yeah, they’re crazy. But I love them!
I checked my baking supplies to see what I had on hand. I came up an idea for Coconut Pecan Bites with white chocolate, pecans, coconut, and condensed milk. Perfect. Four ingredients, that’s all.
The first thing you do when making Coconut Pecan Bites: combine white chocolate and condensed milk in a microwave safe dish and microwave it. Never would have guessed, huh?
One minute, stir super duper good, and then another 30 seconds, stir and should be good to go.
Now you’re ready to measure out the pecans and coconut and pour those bad boys on into the same container that you used to melt the chocolate. And stir.
See? When it is all stirred together, either drop by spoonfuls or make balls out of the mix.
A nice spoonful ready to go… me playing with food because it is that much fun.
Once you’ve made the candies, go ahead and let them sit to firm up for about 30 minutes to an hour. If you can’t wait that long to try one of these bad boys, don’t feel bad. I couldn’t either.Print
Coconut Pecan Bites
- 6 squares white chocolate baking squares (1 box)
- 6 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Combine white chocolate and condensed milk in microwave safe bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir it up good, which will help melt some of the remaining chocolate. Return to the microwave and heat for an additional 30 seconds. Stir again.
- Add coconut and pecans and stir to combine ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls (or form balls) and place onto parchment paper. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour to harden up.
- Makes 12-14 candies.
- Store in a sealed container.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21