Grab your tortilla chips and dive right into this roasted chili corn salsa. This is a Chipotle copycat recipe that is bursting with flavor. Corn, green chilies, jalapeno, cilantro and more. A must make salsa to use as an appetizer or taco topping.
Do you like copycat recipes? This Chipotle copycat recipe is one I love to make in the warmer months of the year.
This Roasted Chili Corn Salsa Is...
- Gluten Free
- Appetizer or Mexican Dish Topper
How to Make Corn Salsa
Learn how to make corn salsa in a quick overview here. The full measurements and directions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Start by preheating your oven and prep a baking sheet.
- Add the green chiles, corn, oil, salt and garlic powder together and mix. Then spread on the baking sheet.
- Roast as directed and then allow the mixture to cool.
- Transfer to a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients, stir, and then serve the corn salsa with tortilla chips.
Helpful Tips for Making Roasted Chili Corn Salsa
Allowing the corn to roast in the oven is going to bring out a ton of flavor of the salsa. You can also roast the corn on the grill if you would like to do that, then cut it off the cob.
Single Layer Of Vegetables
When roasting the vegetables make sure they are in a single layer. That way you get an even roasting on the vegetables. Otherwise you will find that the veggies will vary a bit.
Variations For Roasted Chili Corn Salsa
Instead of green chilies you can easily swap to poblano peppers instead. You will want to roast the pepper the same and then dice it up into bite size pieces. Feel free to remove the seeds of the pepper.
Leaving the seeds in the jalapeno is going to ramp up the heat. Now, you can remove the seeds and then have a more mild corn salsa.
Feel free to add in some lemon juice as well as the lime. It will add another layer of flavor to the salsa.
Roasted Chili Corn Salsa FAQs
What is corn salsa made of?
Corn salsa is made of a mix of corn, green chiles, jalapenos, onions, lime juice and more. It is made with fresh flavors that is so delicious.
How do you eat corn salsa?
You can eat corn salsa as a salsa dip or you can opt to use it as a taco topping. You will find that it is delicious to be eaten with chips or top a fish taco, place on top of enchiladas, and more.
How to store leftover corn salsa?
If you do not eat all of the salsa right away you can store it in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge. You will find that as the days pass the vegetables will become softer and break down a bit more.
Roasted Chili Corn Salsa - Chipotle Copycat Recipe!
- Preheat oven to 425 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, stir together the corn kernels, green chilies, olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Then spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring once at the halfway point
- Allow the corn to cool.
- Then transfer to a large bowl and stir in the jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice
- Serve with tortilla chips