Simple Coleslaw Recipe
This simple coleslaw recipe is one of those side dishes that we can’t get enough of in the summer. It’s THE perfect salad to serve at any barbecue, not to mention that it is absolutely amazing when paired up with fried chicken.
Think KFC Coleslaw recipes that rock.
Because if you’ve ever been to KFC, you know that one of the classic side dishes is the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken Coleslaw. As it should be–because it is just delicious, fresh and did I already say delicious?
Best Coleslaw Recipe in the World- Sandwich Topping
Coleslaw isn’t just a side dish, although that is what it is mostly known for. It’s also an utterly fabulous topping for sandwiches.
Yummy & Easy Cole Slaw (KFC Coleslaw)
This recipe makes enough for 12 servings, so there is plenty to share. Why not bring it to a potluck when asked to bring a dish to share? You can easily whip it up the night before so there is less to do the day of the event.
Cole slaw is one of those recipes that most people already have the ingredients for. People enjoy putting it on their hamburgers, hot dogs, and eating just as it is.
And eating it…well, that’s the best part. Isn’t it?
One of the things that makes this recipe even faster and easier to make is a food processor. I honestly would be lost without mine when it comes to preparing recipes with ingredients that are shredded. Because like it or not, shredding is an essential step for many recipes.
And ingredients like cabbage in this recipe, or cheese in many other recipes–well, shredding those essentials just makes the recipe perfect.
- 1 head finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely diced or shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine cabbage, carrots, and onion in a large bowl.
- Toss all well.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pouring mixture over cabbage, mix thoroughly.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 5 hours.
- Adapted from this recipe
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe - 2019/04/18
- Healthy Easy Sweet and Sour Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple and Peppers - 2019/04/17
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze - 2019/04/07