This Strawberry Banana Bread is bursting with fresh flavor. Fresh bananas and strawberries flavor this delicious quick bread recipe. This recipe is a must-make for spring and summer.
Table of contents
- How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
- Tips and Tricks for Strawberry Banana Bread
- Variations To Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Banana Bread FAQs
Serve up this strawberry bread with a dollop of butter and a warm cup of coffee. Grab a slice to start your morning or for a mid-day dessert.
If you like this Strawberry Banana Bread, you'll love my favorite Quick Cinnamon-Raisin Bread! But if raisins aren't your thing, you can always try whipping up some homemade Vegan Concha Bread or Vegan Irish Soda Bread. Want something a little more savory? Try these tasty Garlic Knots.
This Strawberry Banana Bread Is...
- Easy to make
- Made with simple pantry ingredients
- A fruity quick-bread recipe
- Covered in a homemade strawberry glaze
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I'm whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don't forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
- Grease your bread pan and preheat the oven.
- In a bowl, cream together mashed bananas, egg, sugar, oil, banana extract, and sour cream.
- Now mix in the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, flour, and strawberries.
- Pour half the bread batter into the pan, then pour the cream cheese mixture on top. Finally, pour in the remaining bread mixture.
- Bake as directed.
- Once cooled, pour the strawberry glaze on top.
Full directions for Strawberry Banana Bread are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips and Tricks for Strawberry Banana Bread
Make sure to use ripe bananas for this recipe. If the bananas are not ripe, place them on a lined cookie sheet. Bake at 200°F for 20–30 minutes or until the peels turn black. Remove, and allow to cool 10–15 minutes.
Baking bananas in their peels will quickly ripen your bananas. Then mash and use the baked bananas in the recipe as you would pre-ripened bananas.
Use Frozen Strawberries
If you do not have fresh strawberries, no worries. Just use frozen strawberries. You can even mix them into the batter frozen. Just make sure to slice the berries so they are not whole, or they will be too big for the bread.
Leave Out The Banana Extract
Feel free to leave out the banana extract. I added it in to help give the bread more banana flavor, but it is optional. If you decide not to use the banana extract, swap it for vanilla extract.
Tent Bread with Aluminum Foil
If you find your bread is getting brown on top, but still needs a good amount of time to cook, tent your bread. This is done by placing aluminum foil over the bread in a tent form. Making a foil tent prevents the top of your bread from browning too much but still allows hot air to get into the bread to cook it.
Variations To Strawberry Banana Bread
Toss in More Berries
Consider adding a mixed berry blend instead of just strawberries. Try using blueberries, raspberries, and even blackberries.
Leave Out the Cream Cheese Mixture
Leave out the cream cheese mixture if you don't want that cream cheese layer in the bread. I loved having it in there, but it can be left out if you prefer.
Skip the Glaze
You can also skip the strawberry glaze. The glaze adds sweetness to the bread, but you can make and eat your bread without it. The banana strawberry bread will be sweet enough.
Strawberry Banana Bread FAQs
How do you know when bread is finished baking?
Take a toothpick and stick in the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is fully cooked. I like to stick my toothpick in a few random spots to ensure the bread is evenly baked through.
How do you store quick bread?
Because of the cream cheese filling in the center, you will need to refrigerate your bread.
Make sure your banana quick bread is fully cooled, then cover it tightly or place in an airtight container. Store for 4–5 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze Strawberry Banana Bread?
You can freeze this strawberry bread if you don't plan to eat it all right away. Simply store it in the freezer for 3–4 months.
When you're ready to eat your bread, you can thaw it on the counter for a quick thaw or place in the refrigerator overnight.
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you're at it, share a picture on Instagram with #allshecooks so we can see how your recipe turned out!
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 9×5-inch loaf pan
- electric mixer
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temp.
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tsp banana extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 medium bananas extra ripe, mashed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp flour divided into 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom of 9×5-inch loaf pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper the width of the pan and large enough to extend over the short ends of the pan by 4-inches on each end. (This parchment paper will help to lift the loaf out of the pan after it is baked.) Place the paper in the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together egg, sugar, oil, sour cream, and banana extract.
- Add mashed banana and mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add two tablespoons of the flour and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining one tablespoon of flour to the strawberries and fold the strawberries into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the prepared pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the batter. Top with the remaining bread batter. Even out gently.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, strawberry extract, and 1–2 drops of red food coloring (as desired) until smooth. Pipe with a #5 decorating tip across the bread or drizzle with a fork.