My cool and refreshing spring-loving drink favorite comes from a mega-craving I had when I was pregnant with my son. We lived right down the road from a Sonic, and I would go frequently to get a large Cherry Limeade. Nothing else… just the Cherry Limeade.
(My favorite springtime drink with alcohol is my Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch, but that’s another story!)
Then, we moved away to New Jersey, and the area that we lived in had no Sonic.
What’s a girl to do? I guess I must have just suffered through it… even though I’m sure I had those Cherry Limeade cravings again in my second pregnancy. Thankfully a trip to Arkansas, where there are many Sonic locations, helped me out for a week or so.
And then a move to TX, with a Sonic right down the road. Did I mention my husband was Air Force… hence the moving all over the place.
Along the way, I learned how to make a super refreshing Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeade that is SO good.
And now that we’re in Wisconsin, even though we could head down the road to our new local Sonic, we make them more often at home. My daughter makes them on her own now, because it is that easy and they are that good.
Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeade
This spring and summer time drink requires just a few ingredients, is a fun and festive drink to mix up for a luncheon or even a children, tween or teen’s party. Call it a mocktail, call it a virgin cocktail, call it a cherry limeade. It might be a copycat, but its 100% delicious, and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
- 1 1/2 tsp Maraschino (cherry) syrup
- 1/2 lime cut in two, squeezed
- 1-2 Maraschino cherries
- Crushed ice to fill standard size drinking glass (which is about 8 ounces)
- Lemon lime soda
- Lime sliver and additional cherry for garnish (optional)
- Pour Maraschino syrup in bottom of glass. Cut lime in 4 pieces. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime into glass. Drop lime pieces into the glass and a couple of cherries.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Cover ice with lemon lime soda.
- Garnish with lime sliver and another cherry on top if desired.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe - 2019/06/10
- Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe - 2019/05/13
- Animal Faces Toast Treats – Animal Toast is Fun for All Ages - 2019/05/09