Creamy Chicken Enchiladas – Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipes
These creamy chicken enchiladas were a huge hit for dinner, and super easy to make. I have made these several times over the years, and probably change it up a little bit every time. Since we worked with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice on this post, we decided to include on of their Minute Ready to Serve Rice products in our Spanish Rice.
It was so good I could have eaten it all on its own.
Money Savings Tip:
Planning more than one chicken meal this week? Prepare a whole chicken and divide the chicken into two meals. I found whole chicken at our local grocery store on sale for less than $1.00/pound, so it ended up being way cheaper than a canned or skinless chicken breast option.
Time Savings Tip:
I love using Minute® Ready to Serve Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice, as well as their white rice. It is so good and such an easy way to add rice to a meal like our Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.
Think about Minute® Ready to Serve Rice as the perfect portable solution for lunch or breakfast and desk-time lunches. 60 seconds in the microwave and rice is cooked up and ready to go. And let me just say–having a quick lunch option is exactly what I need when I’m trying to have a productive day at the office in between school drop off and school pick up. The joys of working from home.
And–it’s available in many varieties: Brown & Quinoa and Basmati Rice, Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley. Also, there’s Jasmine Rice, White Rice and flavorful mixes.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz) can of mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheese, divided in half
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix chicken soup, green chilies, and sour cream together until smooth. Lay out the six flour tortillas and place 1/3 cup of the chopped chicken and 1/3 cup of the soup mixture onto each tortilla. Use 1/2 cup of the cheese to sprinkle onto the chicken enchiladas, and then roll them up and place them into a 9×13 pan. Spread remaining soup mixture over the top of the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until heated through.