Creamy Chicken Enchiladas – Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipes
These creamy chicken enchiladas were a huge hit for dinner, and super easy to make. I have made these several times over the years, and probably change it up a little bit every time. Since we worked with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice on this post, we decided to include on of their Minute Ready to Serve Rice products in our Spanish Rice.
It was so good I could have eaten it all on its own.
Money Savings Tip:
Planning more than one chicken meal this week? Prepare a whole chicken and divide the chicken into two meals. I found whole chicken at our local grocery store on sale for less than $1.00/pound, so it ended up being way cheaper than a canned or skinless chicken breast option.
Time Savings Tip:
I love using Minute® Ready to Serve Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice, as well as their white rice. It is so good and such an easy way to add rice to a meal like our Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.
Think about Minute® Ready to Serve Rice as the perfect portable solution for lunch or breakfast and desk-time lunches. 60 seconds in the microwave and rice is cooked up and ready to go. And let me just say–having a quick lunch option is exactly what I need when I’m trying to have a productive day at the office in between school drop off and school pick up. The joys of working from home.
And–it’s available in many varieties: Brown & Quinoa and Basmati Rice, Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice and Multi-Grain Medley. Also, there’s Jasmine Rice, White Rice and flavorful mixes.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz) can of mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheese, divided in half
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix chicken soup, green chilies, and sour cream together until smooth. Lay out the six flour tortillas and place 1/3 cup of the chopped chicken and 1/3 cup of the soup mixture onto each tortilla. Use 1/2 cup of the cheese to sprinkle onto the chicken enchiladas, and then roll them up and place them into a 9×13 pan. Spread remaining soup mixture over the top of the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until heated through.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe - 2017/11/19
- Stuffed Mushrooms Easy Recipe with Sauteed Mushrooms - 2017/11/18
- Tilapia Fajitas with Peppers and Onions – Just 6 SmartPoints Per Serving - 2017/11/17