I hate cleaning. It bears repeating. With a passion, I hate cleaning. In college, I even paid one of my friends to clean my linoleum floors in my apartment because I didn’t want to do it myself and she offered. It was a win-win situation.
Mopping doesn’t cut it for me. It passes muster most of the time, because I normally am in a hurry. But, it doesn’t last. Why would it when there are people and dogs walking over the floor? I know… comes with the territory of having floors, right? That’s what they are there for.
I love cleaning with vinegar, and mopping is no exception. Normally, I will use vinegar and water to in a bucket to mop my floors. It works really good in between deep cleanings. But, for deep cleanings, I use a little soap and elbow grease as well.
Deep Cleaning No Wax Floors
- Remember that scrubber you purchased to clean your shower? Use that same scrubber and scrub your floor. Make sure no one will be walking through the area for a good 30 minutes to an hour, because you don’t want any slip and falls, but letting that vinegar sit and do some work will help erase some of that gritty build up.
- Wait 30 minutes to an hour and come back through with a towel or a dry mop and soak up everything that you put down on the floor.
- Now, mix together 1 cup of vinegar per 1 gallon of water. Go ahead and quickly mop over the floor one last time. Now, you’ve scrubbed it while spreading out vinegar that will soak some of the grime, let that vinegar and soap do it’s work, wiped it up and mopped over the whole floor one final time. Your floor is clean enough to eat off of.
Sound too hard? Well, today I actually cleaned my shower while taking a shower, and then gave my bathroom floor a quick once over. I left to do a few other chores, and then came back to finish my bathroom floor. Tomorrow, maybe I’ll tackle my kitchen floor!
Follow us on Pinterest and Facebook
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Grilled Pork Pineapple Kabobs - 2017/05/28
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cake with Strawberry Topping - 2017/05/25