Summer is almost here, which means long-awaited sunshine, warm weather and longer days! Time for picnics, barbecues, graduation parties, and all kinds of reasons to get outside and have fun. And, BLT Pasta Salad is the perfect easy recipe to bring to all of these gatherings!
Nothing says summer like America’s favorite, the classic BLT sandwich. Especially when it’s transformed into a cool, refreshing, and delicious salad. This BLT Pasta Salad recipe makes it easy to bring all the great BLT flavors to any occasion, thanks to ingredients like:
- smoky and savory bacon
- bright, juicy mini heirloom tomatoes
- crisp baby spinach leaves
- Gemelli pasta
- cool and creamy sour cream
- tangy mayonnaise
- herby Ranch seasoning
Tips for Making Perfect Bacon for BLT Pasta Salad
While bacon is unbelievably yummy, and adds so much to so many recipes, it can be a bit of a mess to prepare. Follow the steps below for one of the easiest methods to make perfect, delicious bacon with easy clean-up.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet (preferably with a rim) with either parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Lay out the slices of bacon on the pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on your desired crispiness.
- Move bacon to a paper towel-lined platter.
- Let the grease cool in the pan, then roll the parchment paper (or foil) up and throw it away!
Phew! So much better than grease splatters on the stove!
Three Reasons You’ll Love this BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- It’s so easy! Summer means lots of fun activities, and you want to spend more time out and about, not suck in the kitchen. This salad is a breeze to put together. The pasta and bacon can be cooking at the same time. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes, mix the three dressing ingredients, then put it all together in one bowl and you’re ready to head out the door.
- It’s colorful. The combination of red and yellow heirloom tomatoes, paired with bright green spinach makes this as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate.
- It’s a tasty, clever spin on an American sandwich favorite, the BLT!
Yummy Recipes to Serve with BLT Pasta Salad
Check out these recipes for great ideas on dishes to serve along side your new favorite pasta salad.
How to Make Delicious BLT Pasta Salad
Step #1: Prepare pasta to package instructions. Drain and toss lightly with olive oil. Cool the pasta in the refrigerator.
Step #2: When the pasta is cold, combine with tomatoes, bacon, and baby spinach in a large bowl.
Step #3: Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning.
Step #4: Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
Step #5: Cool in the refrigerator for an hour prior to serving. Enjoy!
BLT Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces Gemelli pasta prepared and cooled
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups mini heirloom tomatoes halved
- 2 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled or chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1- ounce package ranch seasoning
- Prepare pasta to package instructions. Drain and toss lightly with olive oil. Cool the pasta in the refrigerator.
- When the pasta is cold, combine it together with tomatoes, bacon, and baby spinach in a large bowl.
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch seasoning. Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Cool in the refrigerator for an hour prior to serving.