When it comes to holiday meals, I am always looking for new and interesting recipes, and this Pickled Peppers recipe is just right for the holiday season.
Think about something new to add to your relish tray this year.
Now, looking at these beautiful photos again, I have to say, I love this take on a holiday appetizer tray.
I typically do a basic relish tray--olives, pickles and that sort of thing.
But now...I'm thinking that something more along the lines of a cheese board with a few meats, nuts and pickled peppers would be a delicious option.
Am I adding it to my holiday dinner plan? You betcha!
If you're looking for other holiday recipes, we've got a lot of them that you'll want to try. Here are a few of our favorites:
Cheesy Potatoes aka Funeral Potatoes Side Dish, Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Streusel and, Brown Sugar Bacon Green Beans.
Let us know what you think about these tasty Pickled Peppers!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion small, thinly sliced
- 1 lb mini sweet peppers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar
- ½ cup Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette or your own favorite vinaigrette dressing
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil and heat to medium-high. Add onions and gently sauté for five minutes. Add peppers and cook for an additional five minutes. Add apple cider vinegar and Vinaigrette dressing and bring to a slow boil. Simmer and stir occasionally.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Transfer peppers and liquid to an airtight container, cover and store overnight.
Leave a Comment